6 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

Just found this board from a link on a similar board. (I get the feeling I should leave the subject alone.) :P

I see some familiar avatars from said board so I figured it would be a good place to stop by and visit. I am somewhat new to FP's. I just started seriously looking into the hobby this past December. I collect but I also very much use my pens. This includes some of the older Esterbrook, Parker and Wearever pens I have. I am trying to revive an old Sheaffer Skripsert-like pen that seems to have had a cartridge left in it since it was manufactured. :( No luck with that one yet.

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Just found this board from a link on a similar board. (I get the feeling I should leave the subject alone.) :P

I see some familiar avatars from said board so I figured it would be a good place to stop by and visit. I am somewhat new to FP's. I just started seriously looking into the hobby this past December. I collect but I also very much use my pens. This includes some of the older Esterbrook, Parker and Wearever pens I have. I am trying to revive an old Sheaffer Skripsert-like pen that seems to have had a cartridge left in it since it was manufactured. :( No luck with that one yet.

Hi Krazy,

Welcome to the Board. No worries, very little is off limits here and you are welcome to cite any message board or what have you that has material of relevance. The goal is to grow the knowledge and to have some fun. Do look around, get to know the various fora and certainly chime in with questions and opinions. Otherwise... what's the point? ;)

regards

-david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Gobblecup

Gobblecup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

Ivan,

I too saw some familiar "faces" here and decided to join in. There is certainly allot of input from those who know their stuff. And discussion and learning is what I hope to find.

Anyways, welcome to boards here, I hope to see you around. :)
Gobblecup ~

#4 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thank you both for the welcome. :) I also hope to learn more. :D

#5 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

Welcome here Ivan!

Frank :)

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#6 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

Welcome here Ivan!

Frank :)

Hi Frank! I am enjoying my Esterbrook nib. :D

#7 Pedro

Pedro

journeyman

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationWestern Illinois

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Welcome to the board.
Are you near Dallas? Years ago I visited with my roommate and caught the SMU Mustangs vs Horntoads!
Pedro
Looking for a Sheaffer OS Balance with a Stub nib and other OS Oddities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users