Photo

Round the Bend in a Green Jag (Long. Pics)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hi,

Thought I'd go a bit off topic and share a special find, one that for once it is not a pen. I preface the happy find of my "dream car" with the claims that in general I am not a car guy and am only modestly a stuff guy, my pen collection notwithstanding. ;)

I've had a few cars over the years that I've enjoyed quite well. A Mazda Millennia S or two (sleepers back in the day IMO), and my current 8 year old, 120k miles loaded Honda Accord V6 EX coupe all have... satisfied. I used to read the car mags assiduously. Not so much these days. I do no repairs. Certainly I care about the aesthetics, ride quality, reliability and so forth, but at modest level of interest.

But, since the day it appeared, I've had an intense yen for the Jaguar XK-8. It was back around 1997; I was a couple years into my medical practice. Had my first Mazda Millennia S (in a grand dark green). Saw the reviews and photos of the XK-8 and was... stunned. Visceral sympathetic reaction. Along with its sibling Aston Martin this first coupe under Ford ownership was about the most beautiful modern car I'd ever seen. I certainly was not a Jaguar guy. I knew the standard lore--- "make sure you have 2 Jags, one for use and the other for the repairman's garage"-- though rumor had it that Ford was working wonders on the reliability front. I had seen images of a couple E-types. I knew the XJ-6 sedan (liked it) and the XJS coupe (not so much). The XK-8 seemed to have modern engineering, but the look of the E-type.

But, I wasn't going to splurge. I did grab a model (could find only the convertible, not the coupe I prefer) and for 15 years or so I've had a foot-long XK8 on my shelf.

For the last couple years I found myself grazing Ebay Motors and Autotraders. I had no intent to buy a car, certainly not a second car at time I was living primarily in Manhattan. I was, just curious... perhaps wistful. Lots of nice eye candy to see. Over time I developed a set of criteria for an imaginary purchase:

• Coupe (not convertible). <50% of production was of the coupe. I note incidentally that the supercharged 380hp version of XK8, XKR composed <50% of the coupe production. I preferred the structural rigidity of the hard top and the extra trunks space of the coupe and didn't favor the slight hassle of the convertible (which was automatic, but whose tonneau cover had to be placed by hand each time).
  • Color- British Racing Green (really the only color for a Jag) or perhaps Black.
  • Condition- low mileage and great condition
  • Location- nearby. I didn't plan to fly to Arizona to inspect a car.
  • Pre-2007 car. I liked the look of the 1997-2006 cars far more than the current XK variant
During a couple years of browsing the websites, I saw couple hundred cars at least, though as expected most were convertibles. Few to none hit all the criteria and, hey, I was looking just for fun. In all that time I never sent a single email and never made a single call. Learned a bit about the quirks of the early XK-8 (and supercharged version, XKR). The earliest engines (1997-8) failed due to nikisil cylinder liners. Pre 2001 (or so) engines needed the plastic chain tensioners replaced by metal at cost of $1000 or so. Even with increased reliability brought by Ford, maintenance remained... significant. Tires were pricey.

Then, this month, a dream car popped up on Ebay Motors. Year 2000 XK-R (the XK-8 with supercharged 380hp 0-60 in 5.1 second variant), the first year for XKR. Coupe. British Racing Green. Not only near home (< 90 minutes from NYC near north-east Philly at the NJ boarder), but it was in fact a mere ten minutes out of the way from my planned drive home from the Baltimore Pen Show. Oh yeah... one owner, garaged, perfect Carfax, 92 Ebay Experion rating and... 18,000 miles on it. Yes, 18,000 miles on a 12+ year old car, about 1500 miles per year, 125 miles per month all that time.

I will continue the story of this grand find after the first set of photos, to allow the images to be viewed in reasonable fashion...

Photo Set 1: Having dumped the car in my parents garage in NJ while they were in Florida all Winter, they were surprised to find it upon their return home. We did a meet and greet with the new baby Jag. Dad's always had a certain fondness for the brand, though never owned one.

Posted Image

As to the tale of the acquisition: As per above, I spotted the car for sale on ebay. After years of peeking at sales offerings and having never contacted a seller, as I was browsing just for fun, I found myself calling the seller. We had a nice chat. He agreed to let me meet the car and to discuss its sales; a wholesaler of autos, he noted he'd received a huge number of contacts about this XKR and did not plan to stop the auction. A day or so after I contacted him, I drove to the warehouse in Northeast Philadelphia nd met him and the car. Had a nice chat with the mechanic who had detailed it and had checked it out. While I'd been told politely that the auction likely would run (despite some offers to close it), there was a hint that deals could be made. A number mumbled in fact was a bit less than I thought I'd be willing to pay for what sounded like a nearly pristine car. I'd done research. I knew the range in which these traded. But, to grab an essentially mint car for a couple-few thousand dollars more than a well worn car with 100,000 miles on it? Ahhh. temptation.

Then... I met the car. Inside the warehouse, after a full detailing... it glowed. It probably does not speak well for me that I had frank tachycardia and weakness of of knees for a mechanical critter, but this cat was a monster. I decided it was time to buy a spare car, one which I had no place to house. I was not going to pay for a second parking spot in Manhattan, and even if I were willing to do so, to place it in a garage where attendants park-by-braille seemed suboptimal in the setting of paying a big bonus for an unhinged car.

Even though other customers reportedly had left the shop with "call me if anyone makes another offer so I can match it", my offer was... good enough.

After3 years browsing for cars I had no intention to buy, and after having never called or emailed about any of them, I found myself within about a day of spotting this car, the happy new owner of a year 2000 (12+ year old), 18,000 mile, British Racing Green, supercharged XK-R couple. Happy David indeed. Gives run for money with my finding last year the ultimate Parker Vacumatic. But, that's a tale for another day.

After placing cash deposit (I had some green left after the Baltimore Pen Show), I drove back to NYC in my trusty Honda. The next day I obtained cashier's check for the balance, took Amtrak down from Manhattan to Trenton, then took cab to the warehouse. Signed remaining papers. Took possession of the nearly new Jag. Darn thing still had new car smell.

There were risks. Old Jags even with low mileage, can have issues. I figured that besides the tensioners, the eventual inspection by Jaguar dealer would turn up couple thousand dollars in other repairs. I took my chance on this one.

Story to continue after next photo cluster:

Photo Set 2: Eye Candy. My year 2000 Jag XKR. Nearly new. My 15 year old XK-8 convertible micro model resting happily on the hood of its much larger sibling. I also liked the 18" rims, a pattern I'd not seen before on other XK I'd viewed.

Posted Image

So, I drove the car to my family home in NJ and left it in my parents' garage. With travel and already scheduled plans, I could not visit my new kitty for three weeks. In the meantime, I managed to get the NY registration done, had the plates in hand, called a good Jaguar dealer in NJ to schedule a top to bottom inspection. I wanted this car safe and reliable. I drove down to NJ this week and arrived a few minutes after my folks had made it back from Florida only to find the XKR occupying a space in the garage. Had some fun showing off the car and going on test drives.

Family is unfamiliar with current Jaguar models, though Dad-- again-- always had fondness for the brand. I was asked if I finally had gone crazy and splurged for a year old dealer demo car, or if the thing was maybe a 2008, after all it had so few miles on it. I was met by bit of initial disbelief when I mentioned the car was nearly 13 model years old, and had averaged about 1500 miles per year of use. After couple rides, the family comments centered on... it looks new.

Yeah, that was the kicker. The car was discounted (so to speak) 75% or more from original sales price. Yet it looked, felt... smelled... mint. That was the final cocktail that appealed to my well honed collector instincts. Used but in gem condition, for a fraction of a new item. Sounds like my approach to fountain pen collecting .

Story continues after next photo cluster:

Photo 3: Some details.

Posted Image

Story continues after next photo cluster:

Photo 4: More details. Service records, radio codes, perfect floor mats... all found in the trunk Incredible Alpine radio system (CD changer in trunk, no MP3 of course). Memory seats and mirrors. Heated everything. Front and rear fog lamps, wood... everywhere.

Posted Image

This was the sort of car that people would travel to purchase. Dealer told me (yeah, I know, go prove it) in follow up that he had numerous cranky calls about having closed the auction. So it goes. I was really content to be the new owner of this kitty.

Of course, I still had no idea what might turn up on the full Jaguar dealership inspection. I brought the car in two days ago for a full day review by the experts. The chain tensioners were replaced as planned (ouch!). I was charmed that some of the younger techs came by to chat about the car. I mentioned they see lots of Jags, so what was the big deal. Seems though not so many coupes this old in this condition turn up at their doorstep. Excellent.

But, while I expected (this being a 12 year old Jaguar) about a couple thousand dollars or more in other problems, the physical proved benign. A single $200 line repair was indicated, but all else was just grand. The tires are good a few thousand more miles (good thing. Pirellis for the Jag are not inexpensive). The engine on inspection during the tensioner exchange was described to me as being mint. Cool.

This final photo cluster (save for first shot in the driveway) was done in the hanger at the Jaguar dealership north of my home town. Shows the impact of lighting on photography. Of course, British Racing Green always has seemed to be a lighting-sensitive color. I like the indoor shots. Yes, it really is the same car.

The sixty mile round trip to the Jag dealership was a pleasure. The car hugs the road. The stereo is killer. Handling was great. Gobs of power on acceleration.

I did not seek an XK-R. I'd long been fond of the XK-8 but the upgraded supercharged engine was not on my list of must-haves even to consider turning three years of browsing for fun (and 15 years of admiring the car) into actual purchase consideration. But... the extra horses came with the car, so who am I to complain?

Photo cluster 5: Last shot of car in driveway, then shots indoors while car was being checked at a well known Jaguar dealership.

Posted Image

Well, my new old Jag is safely back at the family's home in NJ. Plan to use it quite a bit, though still with some gentility. Figure 3000-4000 miles/year, far more than it has received to date. I cannot get over the charm of climbing into a 12 year old car-- one I'd rather dreamed of owning for 15 years-- and having it in as-mint condition right down to smell. The car has no dings. The wheels have no curb rash. Color is great. Radio is great. Only tweak I might do is make stab at getting satellite and mp-3 inputs into the radio. Whether we replace (monster intervention on this car, it seems) the radio head unit, or try a more modest adapter to allow an external input (which would allow satellite and i-pod use)... time will tell.

I don't collect cars. Don't have urge for new car each couple years. I very likely will keep this car the rest of my life, enjoying keeping it working well, and striving to keep it in nice cosmetic shape... even while driving and enjoying it. As a long time collector, I harbor few illusions about modern items becoming collectable. Still... I'm told only a few thousand Jaguar coupes have made it to the USA since 1997 (most XK-8/XK-R have been convertible), this one is a "first year" XKR (the supercharged engine was released in the XK-8 in 2000), and this is in grand condition. Who knows... maybe someday this will at least not depreciate.

Thanks for peeking

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 Penman

Penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Very, very nice David, fabulous interior, and is that a Cassette Player in there?

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

Very, very nice David, fabulous interior, and is that a Cassette Player in there?

Hi,

That's exactly right :)

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Sweet. I was already fairly gobsmacked, and then you opened the doors and the hood. :o Just promise us you won't travel with any ink in the interior!

Congratulations, David - the car found it's true owner.

#5 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi David,

Great story !! Some things are just meant to be...(.although I seem to remember a photo of a "Vacmobile" that may have suited Posted Image ..) , be hard to find another in that condition again I'd reckon. When it needs new tires I'd ditch those Pirellis, had a few new cars with them and they cost the earth , punchered easily (although I do have a reasonable bit of gravel/dirt road) and didn't handle all that well ...mind you weren't on a mean little kitty like yours!!

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#6 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

David, a grand story, and I know how you feel about keeping it forever as I have a car story that parallels yours. No matter your mood, when your close the door & fire it up a smile creeps across your face. As they say, priceless.

Congrats and please tell us you won't let Erano in it. ;)

John
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#7 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Beautiful car David.

Suggestion, either put a front plate on it or remove the ugly plate holder, looks like a couple bolts being loosened should do it.Posted Image

#8 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Wait I have it, a custom Vacumania front license plate

#9 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

Congrats on your kitty adoption David!

A great find in the "wild" IMO! ;)

Two tips-

Check out www.jcna.com
for ideas, stories, resources to keep this kitty near new!

Check out classic car insurance! If you only intend to drive it 3k-4k a year, this is a good option!
It may qualify due to age and exotic status. You can get good coverage for a great rate! You just have to show ownership of a car for "Full Time" use! Check out places like Hagerty, Condon and Skelly, and American Collectors.

Good Luck, and keep us posted!

Frank :)

( My kitty is a red '90 XJS)

Edited by Frank L, 31 March 2012 - 07:22 PM.

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#10 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Where do you put the ink?

Nice ride.

Todd

#11 jonro

jonro

journeyman

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

About 2,200 black pinstripes and it could look like an emerald "vacmobile." Congratulations on accomplishing a longtime goal. I hope you enjoy many trouble free miles in that car.

#12 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Over at the JaguarForums, my wee XKR received a nice reception Thanks to Syd for putting me onto that website.

Thing is that near-modern user Jags of the 1997-2006 XK family are uncommon compared to many more mainstream brands. And, they have a passionate following (which might be true for other brands; i've not browsed the Mercedes and Toyota forum sites to compare). Upshot is that a good car appearing in the market makes for a small-world scene.

A fellow posted a nice response to my announcement of the Philly/NJ find of the year 2000 British Racing Green Coupe. Thought I'd post it here.

from JPKing: Title: The cat in hand; the cat that got away
Hi David, there is a little more to the story of the XKR in Philadelphia than you know.

Like you I am not an exotic car person. My daily driver is a four-cylinder 2000 Toyota Camry with 158K miles. I do much of my own service, but not stuff like the new radiator just put in. It's a terrific car--if but a family sedan--with a near-perfect balance between torque, (fairly gutless) power, and gearing. Even if it has only three speeds and four cylinders, I love it just the same and just bought a dash trim kit, since I’ve recently developed a taste for wood.

Like you, I paged through the car mags in my earlier days, but, then college and a career, then a family, and then kids through college, failing business, dealing with Alzheimer's (not me)--not to mention house and hobbies--sort of tied up my attention for quite a while: decades in fact.

Like you I admired the XK from “afar.” In my ‘teens (the ’60s) my neighbor’s sister drove a burgundy XKE, which I still have pictures of. But I trained myself to not want things completely beyond my reach. And when the XJS replaced it: In my disappointment, I stopped watching Jaguar altogether (sorry).

That's how it was until two years ago. I’m leaving Sunday brunch at “The Reef” on A1A in St. Augustine. Walking out, I noticed a roadster parked there, an XK8 just waiting for me to happen by. Wow! Where was I when they built that? The lines of the front, the lines of the hood, as well as the rear haunches, clearly spoke Jaguar in the classic sense. “It is a Jag. Wow! Amazing! Oh, I hope they made a coupe." Suddenly I was no longer socking away extra cash in the door for a fire breathing 944 Turbo.

Well it took so long to get established in Florida, by the time I emptied the garage enough to pull another car in, the kitty for a cat (so to speak) got big enough for real possibilities.

Even with all that, I couldn't get serious about a Jaguar until last summer. The Realtor I’m friends with mentioned that he has one. Well, I said that I would never buy a Jaguar, since I know you need a marque-specific mechanic. And he said, "Oh for that, I go to Michael Sacks over off Beach Blvd." And with his hearty endorsement, the last real barrier to work through fell away.

Like you, David, for me, it had to be a coupe. Like you, for me (though silver, burgundy, and sapphire are great) it had to be the BR green. Like you, for me, I wanted "low mileage." Like you, for me, the first XK8 series is my favorite: with the recessed fog lights. Like you, for me: I preferred to find one close enough to go look at. Unlike you, I was, definitely very much in the hunt.

Well, I went from looking to shopping over the Christmas break when I finished building the storage rack and cleaned up the garage. Shopping for these cars requires patience and discernment. To this day there remains a green '97 coupe with 80 K miles on Autotrader. I'm sure you've seen it. I'm sure we've both paged past it dozens of times. But he will never get what he's asking.

Then it got real interesting on the last evening in February. A new listing came up on Autotrader, and I pounced: a 2000 XK8 coupe over in Tampa: green with 34K miles -- just enough to wear out the first set of tires. So, with bated breath and sweaty palms the next day I called and spoke with Tracy. "Yes, the car is still for sale." Yes, I can come see it on Saturday. And so, the day after speaking to her, I drove over to Sachs Automotive and interviewed my mechanic-to-be, Michael Sacks. He passed: no BS. I showed him the Tampa listing, and after we spoke for a while, he said: "Based on what you’ve told me, the one for you is an XKR."

Nevertheless, an 8 in hand is worth a lot full of Rs that get away. Talking to Tracy Friday night I finalized our arrival time: And I was stoked.

Picture below: Her car from the Autotrader is first picture on the left:

I have learned that the deal goes to the decisive. I see you know that too. I knew its Blue Book value, and --if the car passed my inspection--I was prepared to offer a cash down payment followed by the balance: wired. So what are the chances that another, early XK8 Coupe, with low mileage in British Racing Green, would come on the market the very same week? Absolutely zilch. However, although determined to move with speed on Tampa, due diligence dictated that I check the market one last time.

It stunned me senseless when I found just about the exact same car, as the one I was going to see the very next morning, newly listed on eBay, just waiting for me in Philadelphia. When I finally was able to move and went to tell my wife, I couldn't even speak. This one had an added bonus: It was an XKR, and what’s more, it had the extra, over-the-top bonus: roughly half the miles! My world had gone crazy. The impossible just happened. There it was. And here was I: too late at night to call the dealer, who was across the river in Delran, to find out the auction's reserve and figure out what it would take to close a deal. I had to go for a walk to regain enough composure and develop a workable strategy.

Picture below: Your car form the eBay auction second picture from the left:

Knowing full well that a Jag in hand is worth the whole parking lot of them that get away, I drove off to see Tracy in Tampa completely lost about what to do if I liked the car. I knew the value of both cars. I knew that any Jaguar I bought would need considerable extra $$$ to get it set up just right for me, and the XKR was probably going to go for a lot more than Tracy’s. But without knowing the auction’s reserve and without knowing what the dealer would take, I was completely adrift at sea.

So of course, I did the only logical thing. On our ride to Tampa, I called the dealer and got, "Leave a message." Rats, they're probably a wholesaler and not open 'till Monday. And I'll probably have to decide on the XK8 this morning knowing nothing about the XKR whose auction was ending on Tuesday.

Imagine my surprise when Sean, their Internet guy, called me right back. He gave me the reserve, and said there was enormous interest in the car -- so much so they decided not to sell it early, but would simply let the auction run. He, further, said someone was in from California looking it over, and the Jaguar Club of North America was interested as well: sounded a bit like used car salesmen talk to me. It also sounded entirely possible. You, David, know more about that end of the story better than I do.

So help me, they had set the reserve 7K below its retail market value! So, they clearly had no idea what was sitting on their lot. Still, that gave me the intel. I needed to work with Tracy in Tampa.

Of course, when we drove up, this car was drop-dead gorgeous too. Fortunately, the tires were original, so I could measure the lousy, uneven tread wear and complain the suspension was a mess. Furthermore, she had no maintenance history. So, I showed her the data about upper cam chain tensioners and made a fairly low, but fairly fair offer, which she immediately accepted. So I had my cat in hand lined up, which left me to see about the one that would be harder to get.

While, as a matter of principle, I am disinclined to break a deal made but still incomplete, nevertheless I set out to pursue XKR in Philadelphia. There would be no harm in checking. Of course that effort ended suddenly when I noticed the auction had disappeared by Sunday night.

Trust me when I tell you, David, I did not want to go through the rest of my life without knowing what happened to that XKR: the one that got away. So, on Monday morning instead of calling Sean, I called the dealership. Honest, I believe I spoke to the man who sold you your car. I asked him, "What happened to the auction?" He said they got a good offer and sold it. I asked what it went for, and he told me. I asked him who bought it. After a short pause, he said, "A doctor in New York City." Then he said "Did you bid on the auction?" And I said, "You ended it."

Of course, the only part of an auction that matters is the last 10 seconds. And, no: mine to him, was not a cranky call. I still had the Jag in hand.

David you were clearly meant to have that car. Yes, had I been able to get to Delran fast enough, I would have easily offered him what you paid. It would have been, "Here's some cash; I can wire the rest; you'll have it tomorrow." You know the drill.

But you were there, and I was here. You knew what was at stake and played your cards perfect. When your heart went flip-flop, when your knees went weak: You passed the test to own it. Here at this end, you should have heard the little noise my wife made we drove up at Tracy's. There it was -- sitting out in the shade, ready to leap.

Performance to me means control, turning and stopping. While there is no limit to the power I would like in my Jag, a NA V-8 is sufficient. Thank heavens the tires were shot, and she hadn’t replaced them. Now, I get to pick out new rubber.

With the weight biased toward the front, the normal, staggered setup warrants changing. I've ordered 9” rims for mounting on the front to complement those on the back. I'll be getting 18” Hankook v12s, 265x40 all four corners. This will give better grip on the front: better grip all around. And now I can rotate them all for even wear. I already have the under-chassis x-brace from a convertible coming in.

Next picture: x-brace off the donor car.

It will to stiffen the front end even more. I’ll also be installing Koni shocks, because, you see, I'm planning 1) driver's ed classes on a closed course, and then 2) some autocross. Later, probably lower springs and better brakes; we’ll see.

So enjoy your XK. I, personally, found out (at almost exactly the same time you did) what it feels like to own one. I go out in the garage just to stare at the thing. It has worn through the fiberglass belt on the inside front tire, so there's no driving it until the wheels come in and the tires get mounted, balanced and aligned. But she is a looker.

Posted Image

#13 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

Man-o-man, what a great story, and a double happy ending too boot!
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#14 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

I'll second Johns comment !! I've had a couple uncommon vehicles over the years and "the unspoken club" definitely exists, the current oddity is a Land Rover Defender dual cab....every Defender owner waves enthusiastically when they pass one another on the road !! Say hello in the car park, discuss the pros of a LRD over other sub standard equivalents and NEVER, EVER mention the cons !! Like Jaguar, a British marque....but that's where the comparison ends....0-60mph in , say, 20secs with a decent tail wind...
Hugh Cordingley

#15 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

Great car David. And it was made during the Ford era, which means it'll work well.

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#16 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Maybe I should get a baby Jag to go with Growler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkIMUfamxI&feature=player_embedded

Posted Image

#17 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

And it was made during the Ford era, which means it'll work well.

***cough***splutter***.....the BMW era left the Ford era for dead....especially when it came to after sales service...When BMW owned Land Rover...excellent.....when Ford owned LR....rather average (I've owned over both eras). Geez, even Volvo is better now the Chinese own them (again both eras). I currently own LR (BMW era), Volvo (Chinese era) and Ford (European made), maybe you get better treatment in the US.
Hugh Cordingley

#18 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

How was the ride home from DC David??

Frank :D

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#19 Marsilius

Marsilius

journeyman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

wow. My worse midlife crisis has been a pen, so far. I showed it to a colleague and he showed me his, a motorcycle.
Enjoy the rides!
Mars

#20 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey, I just want to know if the traffic cones in the DC parking garage were David's...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users