5 replies to this topic

#1 goldiesdad

goldiesdad

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

I have been a fountain pen owner since college but it was my dad's snorkel that re-energized me into why I love FP. Now with approx 40 pens from Estie's to Eversharps to Lamy to Bexley's the
search is still on for that one pen that "sings".

Thanks for having this fat boy from Texas ....

Scott

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

I have been a fountain pen owner since college but it was my dad's snorkel that re-energized me into why I love FP. Now with approx 40 pens from Estie's to Eversharps to Lamy to Bexley's the
search is still on for that one pen that "sings".

Thanks for having this fat boy from Texas ....

Scott

Hi Scott,

Welcome. You should find plenty of collector info here, and we invite presentation of questions, lucky finds, etc.

If you are into Snorkels, here's a peek at my not-quite-done Sheaffer Snorkel collecting guide

http://vacumania.com...norkelguide.htm

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 goldiesdad

goldiesdad

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Actually my passion has been of late to nice juicy flex pens ... I have acquired a few Mabie Todd and a couple of Eversharp's and have no clue what brand I should be focusing on ... Any help would be appreciated ....

Thanks

Scott

#4 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Howdy Scott!

Welcome here!

Frank :)

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#5 Parker Quink Turquoise

Parker Quink Turquoise

journeyman

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia,Canada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Welcome to the site.

#6 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Actually my passion has been of late to nice juicy flex pens ... I have acquired a few Mabie Todd and a couple of Eversharp's and have no clue what brand I should be focusing on ... Any help would be appreciated ....

Thanks

Scott

Welcome Scott!

If your looking for flex, the most well regarded brand would be Waterman. Im not sure if you have a budget, but a nice BCHR pen should cost less than $100 restored, and at least $400 if you want an overlay pen which would be restored. There are many exceptions to brand with flex, but Waterman's are generally found with semi/flex nibs. Also if your looking for a few path, what type of filling mechanism do you like? Lever, piston, button, sleeve,etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users