4 replies to this topic

#1 Innes Cate

Innes Cate

journeyman

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationTauranga, New Zealand

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

Visiting a antique store while on holiday I was lucky enough to pick up this original Pelikan 100N. It has a few issues - iridium missing from the nib, a gouge at base of the turning nob and a worn piston washer. I kind of find the personalisation fitting with the pen brand. While not in the best of condition with a buy price equivlent to US$50 it was a good find.

Innes

Posted Image

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

Visiting a antique store while on holiday I was lucky enough to pick up this original Pelikan 100N. It has a few issues - iridium missing from the nib, a gouge at base of the turning nob and a worn piston washer. I kind of find the personalisation fitting with the pen brand. While not in the best of condition with a buy price equivlent to US$50 it was a good find.

Innes

Yes, considering truly excellent examples sell for >$1000 retail, I'd say you did tolerably well ;)

BTW, glad to see you using GALLERY. If we take the image you uploaded, and simply paste in the BBC code from the share-link options, this is what your image does in the post...

Posted Image

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Rockyrod

Rockyrod

journeyman

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Innes

Posted Image

Defects or not that is one of the best finds in Pelikan 100's ever!!!! Congrats.

Rod R.
USAF, Ret.

#4 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Very nice! Ive been wanting a vintage Pelikan tortoise for a long time, and $50 is a price ill pay, not $400+.

#5 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOakville, WA, USA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Nice, it encourages me to hear that such finds are possible.

Edited by DrCodfish, 02 August 2012 - 02:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users