• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Did Pelikan make any vintage silver pens? The Pelikan 110 is white gold, not silver...

#2 pelikan

pelikan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

No, there was any silver FP in the early days officially produced by Pelikan. I did see (do have 2 different in my own collection) a lot of different "silver" 100's and 100N's in the past, but- all were made by different jewelers (Germany and probably GB). The first Original-Pelikan-Silver FP was the M430 (cap and filling knob) in Sterling. The M450 shows also a Sterling cap and filling knob, but is gilded.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thank you,

I have now learned they were only overlays in silver for Pelikan, none were factory. Do you mind posting your Pelikan collection?

#4 pelikan

pelikan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Sorry about - but my camera was destroyed about a year ago. And there was no time to do some research on a new one And,. last but not least: - the pens are notas worthy, to spend a lot of time in polishing the silver overlay. They are shiniing in a nice since years in an old fiashioned black silver oxyde color. ...

#5 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ohhhh noooo, why did you polish them Posted Image Posted Image

#6 pelikan

pelikan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sir, aren’t we, the pen lovers, always in a strong danger, to put lies into our pockets? Lies about the art of writing, about the flexibility of a nib, and, and .... We are! To prove it:. This email is not written with a FP - but a computer! And, why should we close our eyes (and somehow our hearts), to discover the fact: A silver covered FP is made to shine, to twinkle - but not to write with. Maybe I am wrong, nevertheless, I did try a long life to live the truth. Nothing less but not nothing more. So please let the silver do, what is made for: Shining ...

#7 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

You prefer what you'd like to do with silver, and i dont care what you do with it. Buy silver will only be aged once, never again will it be the patina it once was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users