• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

This is really gets interesting, im not a big P51 collector, but i do admire them, and ive had a few come through my hands, and i have a few in my collection. I only collect silver capped P51's, but through the years ive seen some amazing, non-custom work, that is supposedly "Mexican." When i was really starting out with pens, i had a chance to by these P51's which were described to me as being "My (Their) uncle was an officer in the Navy and had it made special for my aunt. I inherited it." I love these Mexican capped P51's, but how did they come to be, and what do these caps signify?

Posted Image

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

This is really gets interesting, im not a big P51 collector, but i do admire them, and ive had a few come through my hands, and i have a few in my collection. I only collect silver capped P51's, but through the years ive seen some amazing, non-custom work, that is supposedly "Mexican." When i was really starting out with pens, i had a chance to by these P51's which were described to me as being "My (Their) uncle was an officer in the Navy and had it made special for my aunt. I inherited it." I love these Mexican capped P51's, but how did they come to be, and what do these caps signify?

Posted Image

I can't comment on meaning of the engravings on the cap but it was likely made as an overlay by a jeweler or artist.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Correct, ive just been seeing alot of Mexican caps for P51's, vintage, but im not sure if they are original and what their history was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users