• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

This is a great deal on a Yellowstone P51 DJ.

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1270wt_1163

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Did you get it?

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

I didn't buy it, it was a great deal. I knew someone on here would get it.

#4 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Why not? You need to jump when the opportunity presents itself.

#5 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Why not? You need to jump when the opportunity presents itself.

I have other types of pens im after, and i would have, but dont have $300. I thought id PIF Posted Image

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Did you get it?

Sigh.

Never have I heard "deal" uttered so often and with so little familiarity....

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#7 John Danza

John Danza

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Sigh.

d

Good point David. I looked at it and while I'm not a 51 expert by any means, something didn't look right about the pen. I couldn't tell if the shell was stained, or if it was actually a bit see-through. The latter is a tell-tale sign of fakery. Most of Kullock's shells are see-through because of the quality of the plastic he uses.

What are you seeing?

John Danza

"Positive attitude makes for good decisions, but bad decisions make for great stories."

6080b6b0-840c-4c9c-aea6-5fb1f5d30e96_zps

#8 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Sigh.

d

Good point David. I looked at it and while I'm not a 51 expert by any means, something didn't look right about the pen. I couldn't tell if the shell was stained, or if it was actually a bit see-through. The latter is a tell-tale sign of fakery. Most of Kullock's shells are see-through because of the quality of the plastic he uses.

What are you seeing?

I also thought something may have been messed with, as this guy does sell pens, and he knows what he's talking about.

#9 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Sigh.

d

What are you seeing?

I also thought something may have been messed with, as this guy does sell pens, and he knows what he's talking about.

If you thought something may have been messed with, why did you post the link to this 51 saying it was such a good deal for all of us on the board?

Regards,
George

#10 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Sigh.

d

What are you seeing?

If you thought something may have been messed with, why did you post the link to this 51 saying it was such a good deal for all of us on the board?

Regards,
George

I posted because it was a good deal i thought, and the color is not a common color. I wasn't sure if anything was wrong with it, i would have thought someone would have chimed in before someone bought it.

Edited by brando090, 19 August 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#11 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

I posted because it was a good deal i thought, and the color is not a common color. I wasn't sure if anything was wrong with it, i would of have thought someone would of have chimed in before someone bought it.

Posted Image

#12 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

What are you seeing?

Hi John,

Ah, I too needs be careful in my chosen verbiage ;)

The pen looks nice to me, though I looked but casually and am open to counterpoints. Yeah, I thought the hood was a bit dark, which could be ink beneath or could be bit of staining, but present seemed to be nice pen for the money, and the seller has many clean items up for sale with good description. I did not intend to slam the pen, and offer apologies if it came across that way.

My point rather is that of late I seem to be seeing all sorts of superficial posts about "deals", sans context, depth or gesture of analysis. Hardly end of world. Sometimes the notion of "deal" will stand anyway. Sometimes caveats are present.

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users