• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

I was stunned when i was approached about buying some aluminum pens from a seller from the UK, and he stated he also had some silver pens (as im interested). Well my jaw dropped when he sent me pictures of this beautiful Waterman 12 with bloodstone cap (David N. suggests it could of been a wax stamp) and besides his few he has for sale, i know of no other Waterman's with blood stone caps, even on gopens.com (i dont believe by searching that he's had one for sale) and the infamous Max Davis doesn't have one for sale, not-suggesting he hadn't had one in his Waterman book (haven't read it yet) or had sold some in the past. So to me, this is even better than the Waterman doll pen i have, and the Parker Bakelite pen that i have. Maybe its because i like silver pens, but this wont ever leave me... ever Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I would like to see the Waterman doll pen.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

I would like to see the Waterman doll pen.

Posted Image

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Did you ever decide about addressing the cap issue on the two pens?

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Did you ever decide about addressing the cap issue on the two pens?

d

On the Waterman Doll pen? I've acquired an estimate for the cost, and i do plan on selling it in a semi-annual pen catalog along with come Soennecken safeties if i can get more information on them, as right now my information is slim.

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

On the Waterman Doll pen? I've acquired an estimate for the cost, and i do plan on selling it in a semi-annual pen catalog along with come Soennecken safeties if i can get more information on them, as right now my information is slim.

Semi-Annual Pen Catalog... such a generic notion. So.. few... around.

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#7 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Recollection was the Parker Baby had chunk out of cap-lip.

regards

d

Posted Image

#8 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Recollection was the Parker Baby had chunk out of cap-lip.

regards

d

That pen, that was then i was undoing the nib, and i didn't know it was a screw cap, so when i finally got it apart (there was no silicone grease) it nicked the thread. Very small chip, but it could of been worse. Dont really plan on fixing that, i have a trade im working on so ill be holding on to it for him.

#9 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

I am trying to understand this chip. Do I understand correctly that when removing the cap or section you pulled and took a chunk of the barrel threads? My recollection is a Waterman "doll pen" is black hard rubber so I'm lost as to how you will repair it. It is a shame to hear such a significant pengot damaged. In the last ten or so years I have seen two and one was missing the nib. If you can afford one I'm surprised you passed on the DJ 51.

#10 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

I am trying to understand this chip. Do I understand correctly that when removing the cap or section you pulled and took a chunk of the barrel threads? My recollection is a Waterman "doll pen" is black hard rubber so I'm lost as to how you will repair it. It is a shame to hear such a significant pengot damaged. In the last ten or so years I have seen two and one was missing the nib. If you can afford one I'm surprised you passed on the DJ 51.

The Doll has different damage, and more damage, than the Parker bakelite fountain pen that has a minor chip from the threads. The Doll pen will need new turned parts, and is more expensive that i originally thought, think $90 an hour expensive. Who sold those two Doll pens that were missing nibs and what did they go for if you dont mind me asking?

#11 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

The Doll has different damage, and more damage, than the Parker bakelite fountain pen that has a minor chip from the threads. The Doll pen will need new turned parts, and is more expensive that i originally thought, think $90 an hour expensive. Who sold those two Doll pens that were missing nibs and what did they go for if you dont mind me asking?

I didn't see them sell. On the first I was asked to evaluate authenticity. On the second, I was asked about replacing the nib should one be available.
$90 an hour for a machinist seems cheap, my plumber charges $134.

T

#12 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

I didn't see them sell. On the first I was asked to evaluate authenticity. On the second, I was asked about replacing the nib should one be available.
$90 an hour for a machinist seems cheap, my plumber charges $134.

T

Thanks,

The only way for me to get a nib, is to have the truly experienced lather/machinist to make the parts and to than make the nib.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users