• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Stopped at an antique shop that I forget to go to often enough. Passed on a $65 black and yellow enameled metal Eversharp box containing a green Doric P&P set and a red Doric P&P set - all 4 pieces were fluorescing, the box was very neat, but the pens were sad - and a $255 plain black Waterman's with a loose cap band and a 100 Yr nib. I don't make an effort to collect Balances, but couldn't resist this:

Posted Image

Also bought a Waterman's mailing tube containing a service envelope and a 1948 invoice for 35 cents service fee on an "875 Jet", posted with a 1-1/2 cent Martha Washington - I should probably pass that on to a Waterman's fan.

#2 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Beautiful pen, and its a 'phone dialer' if i remember correctly. Referencing the thread below;

http://fountainpenbo...h__1#entry16316

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Stopped at an antique shop that I forget to go to often enough. Passed on a $65 black and yellow enameled metal Eversharp box containing a green Doric P&P set and a red Doric P&P set - all 4 pieces were fluorescing, the box was very neat, but the pens were sad - and a $255 plain black Waterman's with a loose cap band and a 100 Yr nib. I don't make an effort to collect Balances, but couldn't resist this:

Posted Image

Also bought a Waterman's mailing tube containing a service envelope and a 1948 invoice for 35 cents service fee on an "875 Jet", posted with a 1-1/2 cent Martha Washington - I should probably pass that on to a Waterman's fan.

Hi Matt,

Not sure how much you are into Balances, but I will be happy to add that greeny to my own collection if you are in inclined to part with it. Seriously :)

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Posted Image

Hi Matt,

Not sure how much you are into Balances, but I will be happy to add that greeny to my own collection if you are in inclined to part with it. Seriously :)

regards

david

Posted Image, very nice Jade pen. I hope you add 'it' to your growing mint Jade collection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users