• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I missed out on this lot of pens, as if anyone knows who purchased them, id like to buy them from them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1265wt_1397

#2 TomS

TomS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK Canada

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

It is never a pleasant thing when a pen enthusiast is motivated purely by gain. if you wanted these pens you should have bid high enough to acquire them directly. It is not fitting that you should ask to purchase them after the fact. It is embarrassing.

#3 Old Griz

Old Griz

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHagerstown, MD

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

+100000 to what TomS said.... you want them you bid high enough to get them...
As for your question they were won by u**u......
Tom
Posted Image
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Dunno.

I don't see overt harm in feeling non-buyers remorse and wanting to make offers, as long as done courteously of course ;)

Back when buyers' name and emails actually appeared on ebay auctions (and we could email each other), I on occasion made an offer to buy individual pens from buyers who had bought large lots.

That said, having a sense of what something is worth to one before it goes bye-bye probably makes life easier.

I know a couple codes and feedback counts (from the old days), but this one like most is unknown to me. And, I was not the winner of this lot.

regards

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#5 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Here's how you contact the buyer: go into the seller's feedback - this lot is not listed yet, meaning the seller hasn't been paid/left feedback so you'll have to check back for a few days - scroll through until you find that lot and the buyer's name will be listed. Click on the buyer's name and up pops his/her feedback along w/ a link to "contact member". This doesn't always work; some sellers list so many lots that they don't get around to leaving feedback.

You'll need a pretty good offer if you want to buy the entire lot; the buyer probably likes overlays as much as you do. I've got a 50% success rate trying to buy one item out of a lot. One buyer countered w/ an acceptable price, the other said he had bought that particular pen for a customer (odd that it reappeared on ebay a month later...Posted Image ). Just be polite so you don't get into problems w/ ebay.

#6 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Here's how you contact the buyer: go into the seller's feedback - this lot is not listed yet, meaning the seller hasn't been paid/left feedback so you'll have to check back for a few days - scroll through until you find that lot and the buyer's name will be listed. Click on the buyer's name and up pops his/her feedback along w/ a link to "contact member". This doesn't always work; some sellers list so many lots that they don't get around to leaving feedback.

You'll need a pretty good offer if you want to buy the entire lot; the buyer probably likes overlays as much as you do. I've got a 50% success rate trying to buy one item out of a lot. One buyer countered w/ an acceptable price, the other said he had bought that particular pen for a customer (odd that it reappeared on ebay a month later...Posted Image ). Just be polite so you don't get into problems w/ ebay.

Thanks, will do.

#7 TomS

TomS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon, SK Canada

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

David, you missed your calling when you didn't sign up as a diplomat! I can agree that it is more a matter of approach and courtesy in the sense of manners; perhaps that is why this post still sits so uneasy with me. Maybe it's a Canadian hang up!

#8 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Mr Saskatoon
It is truely right and just to feel uneasy about this post.
Jerry Adair

#9 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Mr Saskatoon
It is truely right and just to feel uneasy about this post.
Jerry Adair

I apologize that i like the pens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users