Photo

ebay watch. Excellent Sheaffer Ebonized Pearl Balance set.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

It's the famous "Excellent set except for..."

http://www.ebay.com/...e-/290765860531

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Except for the big honking chunk of the cap torn out when the clip was pulled off? Cute case, though.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thats really too bad, ive been looking for a Sheaffer like this, not sure if the oversized model is for me, but that huge chunk is missing.

#4 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Well.....this is an example where the seller should have said in "good" condition....as we all know "good=bad" apparently Posted Image...

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#5 Indy-Pen-Dance

Indy-Pen-Dance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationZionsville, Indiana

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

*sigh* This seems to happen more and more. I have always said to read the entire description a couple times so you know what IS disclosed and later, perhaps, what WAS NOT disclosed. I think we have to be diligent in our own reviews and our own evaluations as to the quality things are listed as and what we really think it SHOULD be listed as.

Good reminder David!

Linda

Have an old fountain pen that needs restored or a newer one that needs some TLC? We provide quality restoration and nib work so your pens can glide across the page as gracefully as the best Waltz dancers.

www.Indy-Pen-Dance.com

#6 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

I've never really gone out on a limb on eBay, maybe some that came close. But if I ever thought about bidding on something that appeared somewhat sketchy, I'd most certainly take screenshots of any page documenting the auction, as at least tacit proof of what was 'advertised'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users