3 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Had a chance to shoot what might be the premier collection of Kraker pens, from when Kraker was Kraker, and ended up being sued by a company whose pens it resembled. No doubt Roger can expand on this... ;)

I offer some eye candy.

Posted Image

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 philm

philm

journeyman

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

As a self proclaimed Kraker junkie, I can truly say this is the largest "Kraker Only" - (pre Pencraft, Yankee, Dixie etc)... photo of a collection I have ever seen. While some may become excited over a vintage Balance, Duofold, or Patrician collection....the Kraker family interests me more. I particularly like the Bon Ton's in the lower right, and the mysterious ALLMAR, which has been discussed before and is probably a Hallmark... I wish Dennis Bowden was still alive and could comment...he would have loved to see this.

Kuality Stuff!

Posted Image

Phil

Edited by philm, 28 August 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Wow,

What a collection, and they are in beautiful condition. I love the top two sets of pens, and the molted pen is stunning! Whats the history of the Kraker company?

#4 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

I would guess this is one of two possibly three collections. Phil, I would also guess that Dennis is likely to have seen this especially if this is out of Fort Madison.

Of course Walter Sheaffer was suing them some of the Kraker parts were actually taken out of the Sheaffer factory. I wish more of them were open as that shows one of the key differences between the two and a process that Sheaffer adopted after taking over Kraker that of the barrel threads being flush with the barrel rather than raised as was the case with early Sheaffer.

Roger W.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users