Photo

Killer Trio of 1930's Sheaffer Balances. Recent Finds.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Between ebay and the Washington DC Pen Show August 2012, I added the following three 1930's Sheaffer Balance pens to my collection

The black pen at left is the charming "stubby" (full girth but short). The fuchsia pen is a long slender and the black pen in foreground is a short slender.

Posted Image

Anything catch the eye?

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

Between ebay and the Washington DC Pen Show August 2012, I added the following three 1930's Sheaffer Balance pens to my collection

The black pen at left is the charming "stubby" (full girth but short). The fuchsia pen is a long slender and the black pen in foreground is a short slender.

Posted Image

Anything catch the eye?

regards

David

The pattern's on the cap bands?

Edited by brando090, 30 August 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:34 AM

That indeed is part of it. Now, if you were spending a few tens of dollars at the PCA and thus receiving PENnant Magazine, instead of just buying pens here n' there, you'd know even more :)

Still, there is a bit more to the pens and more we can expand on the theme...

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

journeyman

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSFO USA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Along with the nice cap bands, your black pens appear inverted. (let's let the young one ponder this for a moment before spilling the beans)

#5 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Sacré bleu - more banditry!

#6 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

That indeed is part of it. Now, if you were spending a few tens of dollars at the PCA and thus receiving PENnant Magazine, instead of just buying pens here n' there, you'd know even more :)

Still, there is a bit more to the pens and more we can expand on the theme...

regards

david

Posted Image Well, sometimes i splurge on a book or two Posted Image I think you posted a Sheaffer reply a while back showing off some Sheaffers, of course this has to be experimental, non-cataloged right?

#7 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

Along with the nice cap bands, your black pens appear inverted. (let's let the young one ponder this for a moment before spilling the beans)

Posted Image You are the best, i know you've been told, just wanted to reassure you. I have no clue on the black one, on the left, unless your talking the bottom black one, which would be what i believe to possibly be an early Sheaffer, since it would be a white dot, but it's a tad too early.

#8 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationManila/Virginia/San Diego

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

fish-scale wide bands, reverse trim (on the black pens)?
Check out my pens here and my blog here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users