• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LSP

LSP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

I don't really think of myself as a collector, but I find I have purchased 3 pens in under a week -- including a vintage Shaeffer Balance from the 30s and a NOS Shaeffer Targa from the 80s. A week ago, I didn't know what a "Balance" even was, and I surely wasn't shopping eBay for converters to fit those old pens in my drawer. Nor was I looking around for a nice box to safely store and/or display all these pens. Now, in a very short time, I have absorbed hundreds of web pages full of jargon and history, and even watched a pen PODCAST on YouTube.

Sooooooooooo, OK, maybe a little bit of a budding collector, then...

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

I don't really think of myself as a collector, but I find I have purchased 3 pens in under a week -- including a vintage Shaeffer Balance from the 30s and a NOS Shaeffer Targa from the 80s. A week ago, I didn't know what a "Balance" even was, and I surely wasn't shopping eBay for converters to fit those old pens in my drawer. Nor was I looking around for a nice box to safely store and/or display all these pens. Now, in a very short time, I have absorbed hundreds of web pages full of jargon and history, and even watched a pen PODCAST on YouTube.

Sooooooooooo, OK, maybe a little bit of a budding collector, then...

Welcome,

Yeah, sounds as though you've caught the bug. ;)

Look forward to seeing what you find.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Welcome LPS,

Looks like you are becoming a Sheaffer collector. I guess the question should be asked, what side of the fence are you on Posted Image Vintage or Modern pens? Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users