• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well, this one was so illustrative of... something related to values of rare objects. This Conklin ring top crescent fill filigree pen:

Posted Image

.... just sold for $128.00. This bottle of Conklin No. 204 red fountain pen ink (most of which has evaporated):

Posted Image

... just sold for $127.50.

I don't know that there is any need to say anything, but it is amusing or something. I think.

#2 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I dont collect ink bottles, but i take it might be a scarce color and/or the packaging was potentially NOS. Also the pen is a ringtop, so that hurts the value a bit.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

Part of the challenge for me with this is that I don't play with and don't know the market for old ink bottles. This one certainly charms.

I'd value the ringtop pen, retail, restored, with warranty, if quite clean... around $250-275. Others are free to disagree. If i'd happend to have that ink bottle and had it for sale? Well, whether being reasonable or in stark ignorance, I doubt I'd have asked as much as $30.

Make of that what you will

regards

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users