• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PatM

PatM

journeyman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I've acquired quite a few Skylines in my collection, but only a handful or so have had the hard-to-find multiple cap bands. This photo is an example of these Skylines, the most unusual of which is probably the pen in the middle of the photo with the ribbed (Thrift) cap and the thin cap band. Granted that this ribbed cap doesn't have multiple bands, but it is unusual to find any band on a Thrift.

Posted Image

I'm interested to see other examples of Skylines with multiple/unusual bands from those who have found them.

Best,
Pat

#2 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Beautiful pens!

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

I've acquired quite a few Skylines in my collection, but only a handful or so have had the hard-to-find multiple cap bands. This photo is an example of these Skylines, the most unusual of which is probably the pen in the middle of the photo with the ribbed (Thrift) cap and the thin cap band. Granted that this ribbed cap doesn't have multiple bands, but it is unusual to find any band on a Thrift.

I'm interested to see other examples of Skylines with multiple/unusual bands from those who have found them.

Best,
Pat

Hi Pat,

Have not had chance to handle pens like these, though I have not hunted Skylines with particular vigor. Quite scarce and appealing, both. At the moment I have no images to add. I'll keep eye out next couple pen shows.

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Ah Skylines among the first pens I collected.

If I can ever master the complicated photo upload system of this board I will try tp post a few of the more unusual ones from the 60+ examples I have.

#5 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi Pat,

You have some wonderful Skylines!! I recently bought a Wahl Skyline, which I had looked for, for a little while. It is a simple demi in brown. This led me to look back to past posts about Wahl Skylines where I saw your fantastic sterling capped Wahl Skylines! Wow those are awesome!!

As great looking as those sterling capped Wahl's are, these multiple banded black Skylines are in my opinion even better looking!

I look forward to seeing more of your Skylines as time goes on.
Thanks for sharing!

Preston

Edited by plmadding, 08 September 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#6 ihimlen

ihimlen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Beautiful collection, these multiple band Skylines are not seen very often. One thing I'm wondering about though is the pen in the middle - it looks to me like someone slapped a thin band (normally seen on plain coloured or vertical stripe caps) on to what should've been a bandless cap - the band is a bit too high and it doesn't sit flush. I bet this pen would look much better without it!

i.
Life is too important to be taken seriously
(Oscar Wilde)

#7 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Beautiful collection, these multiple band Skylines are not seen very often. One thing I'm wondering about though is the pen in the middle - it looks to me like someone slapped a thin band (normally seen on plain coloured or vertical stripe caps) on to what should've been a bandless cap - the band is a bit too high and it doesn't sit flush. I bet this pen would look much better without it!

i.

I can't believe I didn't notice that sooner. It does appear that a loose band from another cap found it's way on there and stopped where it couldn't slide any further. It may well be incidental.

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

#8 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

This one is also interesting:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c674ff030

#9 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members