• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jiffypens

Jiffypens

journeyman

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

I believe this is called a click filler, do these pens have the same caps as the eyedroppers?
I came across the barrel but it had no cap, so I'd like to switch it with an eyedropper if possible..

Posted Image

#2 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Does it say Parker not only on the nib, but the barrel? It's an early (pre. 1913) Parker 25. Nice find!

Edited by brando090, 06 September 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#3 csikora

csikora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Does it say Parker not only on the nib, but the barrel? It's an early (pre. 1913) Parker 25. Nice find!

Sorry for the blurrypic, but this is my unrestored example. It is a Parker 23 with the click filler.
I'm unsure what sizes they came in so perhaps John could comment on if they did come in the full range of Parker 20, 23, 24 and 25 (heaven forbid the 28). The filling system is quite interesting, and at least the pen will not roll off a desk. Although I would prefer a hexagonal body instead. A standard sac should be sufficient for the filler restoration, so conversion to an ED would/should be recommended against.
C

Attached Files

#4 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

Sorry for the blurrypic, but this is my unrestored example. It is a Parker 23 with the click filler.
I'm unsure what sizes they came in so perhaps John could comment on if they did come in the full range of Parker 20, 23, 24 and 25 (heaven forbid the 28). The filling system is quite interesting, and at least the pen will not roll off a desk. Although I would prefer a hexagonal body instead. A standard sac should be sufficient for the filler restoration, so conversion to an ED would/should be recommended against.
C

Why do you say Parker 23? (Just retracing my steps). Is it marked 23 in the back?

#5 csikora

csikora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

C

Why do you say Parker 23? (Just retracing my steps). Is it marked 23 in the back?

Your assumption that all click fillers are 25s is incorrect. The 2x series came in a number of different styles and filling formats. There were EDs, click fillers, button fillers, bakelite EDs, slip caps, JKS caps and several that I'm positive I'm missing. Regardless, they are a fascinating series to hunt for.

The photo below demonstrates some of the differences:
4x giants
a bakelite 23 with a vanishing clip (a vanished vanishing clip?)
a 23 click filler with a slip cap
a 23 ED with a screw cap
a 24 1/2 with a slip cap and solid 14k bands
a 24 button filler with screw cap
a 25 button filler with an early blind cap and slip cap
a 25 ED with slip cap
a 25 button filler with screw cap
a 25 1/2 button filler with screw cap

The variety is almost endless.
I really should restore these poor pens.
C

Posted Image

#6 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

C

Your assumption that all click fillers are 25s is incorrect. The 2x series came in a number of different styles and filling formats. There were EDs, click fillers, button fillers, bakelite EDs, slip caps, JKS caps and several that I'm positive I'm missing. Regardless, they are a fascinating series to hunt for.

The photo below demonstrates some of the differences:
4x giants
a bakelite 23 with a vanishing clip (a vanished vanishing clip?)
a 23 click filler with a slip cap
a 23 ED with a screw cap
a 24 1/2 with a slip cap and solid 14k bands
a 24 button filler with screw cap
a 25 button filler with an early blind cap and slip cap
a 25 ED with slip cap
a 25 button filler with screw cap
a 25 1/2 button filler with screw cap

The variety is almost endless.
I really should restore these poor pens.
C

Posted Image

Nice pens, thought badly damaged i dont know much about Parker pens, and with your knowledge on the pens, i take your word that they are such nice pens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users