2 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Recently grabbed a pen set for my own collection. Really there is no Waterman series I collect with completist bent, but every so often I do add a nice Waterman to my collection. Of course, after fourteen years or so of collecting, even a pen every couple months adds up to a bit of a collection. I've had chance to handle and to photograph some of the overlay Waterman Lady Patricia pens. Lady Patricia appeared around 1930, along with the larger Patrician. I have a brochure page claiming ~ 1940 issue for the Lady Patricia metal pens, and that might even be true. Too, I"m not sure that page calls the pens "Lady Patricia", though in any case they effectively are metal Lady Pats.

Never owned one though. Always thought it would be nice to have one example. I might never have a cable twist or a bay leaf (was Lady Pat done as bay leaf?), but I stumbled onto this gold-filled Gothic pattern set at Washington DC Pen Show, August 2012.

While someone had wiped down the minty pencil, revealing the original gold-filled color, the pen (near mint if not mint... I really must water test it) was left with its original 70 year old patina.

BTW- if you'd like to know my view of polishing old metal pens, and might like to see some eye candy and read opinions of a bunch of other collectors, check out this two page FPB thread:

----LINK-- Don't Polish this Patinated Pen--

So, here is a Waterman set just added to my (more or less) permanent collection.

Posted Image

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yes Virginia, there is a Santie Claus...
now what did I do with the matching pen (which i also have)?

Attached File  ladyBay.jpg   82.46KB   20 downloads

Edited by Jim B, 06 September 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Very nice David,

I admire the silver Patrician overlay pens, and i hope to acquire one as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users