#1 desksetfan

desksetfan

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDFW Metroplex

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hello, I found this vintage "Pen" last weekend at First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX. The cool black and cream cap and barrel caught my attention right away. Saw the red top and then the clip and assumed that I may have found a Salz Bros. pen, but I was sure surprised when I removed the cap and found no nib, section, or feed, just a rubber end attached to a glass tube!

I then examined the pen a little closer and found the name Cardinell Erado-Pen on the side of the barrel. This is the only information found on the pen. I assume that the glass vial held the ink remover/eradicator and that the rubber end allowed the liquid to be blotted onto an inky mistake on paper or cloth?

If anyone has information/history for the Cardinell company or knows anything about this particular product I would be greatful.

I look forward to hearing from the very knowledgeable folks on the Board!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by desksetfan, 07 November 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#2 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

This one is new to me too & I've seen a lot of pens over the years. I have a feeling your on to something with the rubber blotter end.

I wonder how hard it would be to find a section to fit, turn down the shoulder a hair to fit a squeeze/aerometric style filler so that the piece could be used as a FP without damaging the barrel. If it has an inner cap, a replacement to fit the new section/nib could be made up fairly easily as well. Sort of a non invasive frankenpen/convertible.

#3 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Cool pen!

I also like what your pen along with what my pen (below) is made from. A very nice material!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users