• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Anybody else get a chuckle (and then a groan) from sarah_redd's listings? Selling all those pens and pencils AT COST! If $65.99 was her cost for a badly brassed stripey Duofold pencil, then she has no business buying and selling pens.... FINAL PRICE DROP and GREAT DEAL, and so on. Silly prices on No Nonsense pens, et cetera, ad nauseum.

#2 Pedro

Pedro

journeyman

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationWestern Illinois

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Seen them a few times and I just...Posted Image... roll my eyes...
Pedro
Looking for a Sheaffer OS Balance with a Stub nib and other OS Oddities.

#3 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Ditto Pedro. I just sigh & scroll on.

#4 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Maybe she doesn't know she overpaid? OK, I think she thinks there is a sucker born every minute.

Roger W.

#5 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Gee, hard crowd here !! I've actually given this TM TD a lot of thought. It's not bargain priced then again it's not over the top...how it looks "in hand" determines the real value and the listings a bit weak in the photo and description area. For the info provided probably an element of "gamble" but I'd hesitate to say it's way over priced. Still I'm clearly in the only one thinking that way here....and as the set I linked to has been doing the rounds for a while....everyone else thinks it overpriced too !!

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#6 Old Griz

Old Griz

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHagerstown, MD

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Gee, hard crowd here !! I've actually given this TM TD a lot of thought. It's not bargain priced then again it's not over the top...how it looks "in hand" determines the real value and the listings a bit weak in the photo and description area. For the info provided probably an element of "gamble" but I'd hesitate to say it's way over priced. Still I'm clearly in the only one thinking that way here....and as the set I linked to has been doing the rounds for a while....everyone else thinks it overpriced too !!

Regards
Hugh

Personally I think that set is rather high priced considering it needs restoration...... or at least high for a US sale...
Don't know what they are going for in OZ.....
Tom
Posted Image
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#7 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Regards
Hugh

Personally I think that set is rather high priced considering it needs restoration...... or at least high for a US sale...
Don't know what they are going for in OZ.....

A TD restoration...5 min. and a sac and seal ...not really that big an issue to me ( of course paying some one else to do it is a factor for some ). Add in a short production run and these entry level TM TDs in good condition are rather thin on the ground ( I'm finding these open nib models in good order far harder to aquire than the triumph ones now I'm filling in the gaps) I'm not so sure the pricing is over the top, yes at the top end though. Still "price" is an oddball "thing", I've picked up most of the "unusual" TM TDs for less than $50 ( reverse trim, rule of 4, uncatalogued Sovereigns, Signatures) yet the basic all black pens do make far more than that and sometimes over $100, and I can't figure that out !! . I've never found a TM TD here in Aust. so I buy mine out of the US.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users