• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Soennecken

Soennecken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

My name is Rob and I live in NE Ohio where I am a partner in a ten member diagnostic radiology group.I purchased my first fountain pen at age 13(sterling silver Parker 75 for $25) and didn't purchase another fp for the next 35 years.About 5 years ago I was bitten big time by the fp bug .I have since collected many Chiltons(10 Wingflows including cherry red,Long Islands OS),Lebeoufs( Cocobolo #8),Soenneckens(Rheingolds,111,222,Prasidente 1),rare Pelikans(100N white gold,100 tortoise,100 Lizard),MB (129,139)some fantastic 51's(Nasau green,mustard,plum,Torelli),Vacs(OS,Senior Maxima),Conklin Halloween,Eisenstadt #8OS,as well as some great Japanese pens(Piot MYU black stripe,MYU 701,long Murex,Pilot Capless(Vanishing point) black stripe.After all of these purchases and in shock over the amounts that I was spending I made the decision to slow down and have not purchased another pen in the last 2 years.I will probably begin to sell some of my pens now that I know which collections I want to focus on.

I have met many wonderful diverse personalities through fp collecting who I would not have otherwise encountered.I have attended only one pen show about 4 years ago in DC with my then 10 yo son.At the time my son was also interested and it was great fun talking about fp with him.Today as a high school freshman he has zero interest.I have yet again renewed my interest in fp and plan on attending some future shows.I look forward to interacting with the members of the FPB.

#2 markiv

markiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

I am new here too but joined primarily for the vintage focus over here. I would love to see some pictures of your impressive collection. Welcome.
Posted Image

#3 buntoro

buntoro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

Wow what a collection! x2 for some pics of your collection. As a newbie I can only dream of owning some of those that you mentioned - especially since I am from a part of the world where it is figuratively a desert in fountain pen terms.

Welcome!

#4 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Welcome!

This is a great site for getting to know people in the pen world, and the knowledge base is really amazing! Also, people here are super friendly!

If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

#5 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Welcome to the Board, Rob.

You have one of my favorites, Lebouef Cocobolo nÂș8 !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users