• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snorkelcc

snorkelcc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Recently when tidy up my collection of Sheaffer metal pens, I found that I have been accumulated several Sheaffer Oriental Mosaic pens.

I did a small study to those pens in my collection, the pen was sold at $9.00 together with a pencil @ $6.00 made a pen/pencil set @$15. I also notice 2 designs, similar to other Sheaffer overlay pens, some are metal overlay with BHR section while the other are all metal.

Posted Image

Very little info for these interesting small pens, so far I have seen it in the Fischler and Schneider's book, also in 1928 Sheaffer catalog (but not in 1926, does it mean these pens were available sometimes after 1926 ?) I own an advertisement of Sheaffer Oriental Mosaic but it does not show any timing info...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any Oriental Mosaic info share ?

CC

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Recently when tidy up my collection of Sheaffer metal pens, I found that I have been accumulated several Sheaffer Oriental Mosaic pens.

I did a small study to those pens in my collection, the pen was sold at $9.00 together with a pencil @ $6.00 made a pen/pencil set @$15. I also notice 2 designs, similar to other Sheaffer overlay pens, some are metal overlay with BHR section while the other are all metal.

Posted Image

Very little info for these interesting small pens, so far I have seen it in the Fischler and Schneider's book, also in 1928 Sheaffer catalog (but not in 1926, does it mean these pens were available sometimes after 1926 ?) I own an advertisement of Sheaffer Oriental Mosaic but it does not show any timing info...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any Oriental Mosaic info share ?

CC

Your ad comes from the December 1924 Home and Gardens magazine. It is the only ad that I've seen of the Oriental Mosaics. Like many things Sheaffer I think they were carried for a number of years without a lot of promotion.
Might be primarily due to their small size as the 20's saw almost exclusive promotion of the oversize flattop. I'm working on scanning more ads now - primarily 1942 through the 1980's - I have almost 500 ads from 1913 to 1947.
These will eventually be available on my website - www.sheafferflattops.com.

Roger W.

#3 sloegin

sloegin

journeyman

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

One I picked up.
Posted Image

#4 snorkelcc

snorkelcc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Your ad comes from the December 1924 Home and Gardens magazine. It is the only ad that I've seen of the Oriental Mosaics. Like many things Sheaffer I think they were carried for a number of years without a lot of promotion.
Might be primarily due to their small size as the 20's saw almost exclusive promotion of the oversize flattop. I'm working on scanning more ads now - primarily 1942 through the 1980's - I have almost 500 ads from 1913 to 1947.
These will eventually be available on my website - www.sheafferflattops.com.

Roger W.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for sharing your web site, I found some great early ADs :)

I had been collected approx 200 Sheaffer AD from early era to 60s', but have stopped couple of years ago becasue most of them seems to be repeated while those early era ADs are hard to find and expensive :( .

If my AD was coming from Dec 1924 and the 1928 catalog shown Oriental Mosaic, at least we can confirm the OM pair were offered during the period of late 1924 till 1928...

CC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users