11 replies to this topic

#1 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

Just won this Snorkel in an eBay auction. I asked the seller what color it was, and he responded that it was bright, almost tomato red. I think I've scored a Fiesta for a pretty reasonable price. What do you think?

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

I would agree that is a deal. I once got such an ugly pen at an antique shop for $8 - mandarin sentinel.

Roger W.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

Just won this Snorkel in an eBay auction. I asked the seller what color it was, and he responded that it was bright, almost tomato red. I think I've scored a Fiesta for a pretty reasonable price. What do you think?

Very likely. Do let us know...

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hey, look, the pen comes apart! Oh, and yes: you stink, Brian!!

( ;) just kidding...)

#5 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I will let you know when it comes in.

I don't know what makes so many non pen people so brave as to disassemble their pens for auction photos.

#6 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

I will let you know when it comes in.

I don't know what makes so many non pen people so brave as to disassemble their pens for auction photos.

Maybe they are trying to figure out where to put the ink cartridge in.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#7 snorkelcc

snorkelcc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

1372650146[/url]' post='26796']

Hi Brian, Congratulations for you great finding!
Fortunately the seller seems don't know red snorkel cost much higher, otherwise he/she may emphasize the color to sell higher...
CC

#8 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Brian, Congratulations for you great finding!
Fortunately the seller seems don't know red snorkel cost much higher, otherwise he/she may emphasize the color to sell higher...
CC

Those are the kinds of auctions I like best. Ones where the seller doesn't know just what he's got.

#9 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Survey says...

Fiesta time!

Posted Image

In really good shape except for some small nicks where the cap meets the barrel, as seems to happen somewhat regularly on Snorkels. Already have it restored and ready to write.

Edited by BrianMcQueen, 05 July 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#10 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

Survey says...

Fiesta time!

Posted Image

In really good shape except for some small nicks where the cap meets the barrel, as seems to happen somewhat regularly on Snorkels. Already have it restored and ready to write.

Wow! Nice One! :)

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#11 BrianMcQueen

BrianMcQueen

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationLynchburg, VA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks! I should have been a Snorkel collector. I have picked up most of the tough colors for dirt cheap lately. Peacock, Periwinkle, Fiesta, Vermillion, Buckskin. I've sold most of them now, though. Kind of sad I let the Peacock go. That is a nice color.

#12 Mike Kirk

Mike Kirk

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWixom, Michigan

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Thanks! I should have been a Snorkel collector. I have picked up most of the tough colors for dirt cheap lately. Peacock, Periwinkle, Fiesta, Vermillion, Buckskin. I've sold most of them now, though. Kind of sad I let the Peacock go. That is a nice color.

I agree, Brian. I found a peacock colored snork pencil in the wild and I like it a lot.B) A bright, pleasing color. I am not a Snorkel collector either; just a hoarder. Haven't been selling much (no time). :D

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]
Penfindum Restorum

Memberpca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png NAWCCLogo_zps4a922f0b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users