3 replies to this topic

#1 BamaPen

BamaPen

journeyman

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Just returned from a visit to Scotland and Ireland. I didn't take 3287 pictures, only about 500, and here are a few:

A panorama view from Loughcrew Neolithic passage tomb in County Cavan...
Posted Image

Our B&B in County Cavan overlooked a beautiful lake, and a clearing thunderstorm produced an amazing double rainbow. I wanted to search for the pot o' gold, but a leprechaun convinced me to have a Guinness instead...
Posted Image

I enjoyed an evening of traditional Irish music during a session at O'Donoghue's Pub in Dublin. Here are some images of the musicians:
Posted Image

#2 tenney

tenney

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

I was expecting a "click" in between pictures :-)

I've been to Edinburgh and loved it. Been thinking of Ireland recently. Lovely photos... looks like you had a great trip. Did you find lots of interesting cigar boxes?

#3 Old Griz

Old Griz

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHagerstown, MD

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Very nice... my daughter especially likes the musicians.... of course she is a violinist and loves to play Irish music...
Tom
Posted Image
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#4 BamaPen

BamaPen

journeyman

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

I was expecting a "click" in between pictures :-)

I've been to Edinburgh and loved it. Been thinking of Ireland recently. Lovely photos... looks like you had a great trip. Did you find lots of interesting cigar boxes?

I found NO cigar boxes! I only saw two cigar shops in all my travels and neither seemed interested in selling empty boxes. I did find a great small antique dealer in Dublin who has all sorts of high quality writing slopes and portable desk items. That really got me to thinking about some options.

I did find one Burnham No. 55 pen in Scotland. I posted about it under the Pen Finds heading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users