2 replies to this topic

#1 ulansa

ulansa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationdenmark

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hi.. I own this pen and I am trying to find out when it was made and by whom (I just know it's a sub-category of MontBlanc)... I have been surfing the net for several days now trying to find any info, picture  about it, but without succes... I know Monte Rosa was produced in the 50's, but the shape of the ends looks to me like like an older one..., the clip is not usual in the shape, I think...

The nib is a Luxor, so not original...maybe the clip isn't either...

Any ideas?

thank you!!

Attached Files

#2 Christof Z

Christof Z

journeyman

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationConfoederatio Helvetica

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hi
This is a nice pen you have there. The brand MonteRosa has not been related to Montblanc until WWII. It has been a small manufacturer in Zurich, Switzerland.
Fritz Dimmler, the owner of the company had to resign the brand name MonteRosa after several years of judicial dispute with the famous company from Hamburg, Germany.
Since then, the name has been used for students and economy lines of MontBlanc....

7928659128_9d7596e94e_b.jpg

Your pen seems to be one of these Duofold copys which have been common in this time. Osmia, Kaweco and lots of others made these. Why do you think the clip couldn't be original? But the nib should be a MonteRosa if correct.

Christof

PS: Got a problem - can't post pictures from the gallery here...

here some more pics

11305653943_a761f7e395_b.jpg

11305645703_6a2f536a2c_b.jpg

Edited by Christof Z, 10 December 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#3 ulansa

ulansa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationdenmark

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hi... thanks for the infos and the add (nice one!). I have been reading about Dimmler but yours is a clear explanation about the Monte Rosa Problem....

Since my pen has the MontBlanc logo on it, so like you say it's one of those copies from that time. After looking at hundreds of MontBlanc pens on the net I found only a couple which had this "ball" clip, not one Monte Rosa though...that's why I thought it was peculiar...

But since several compagnies made Monte Rosa pens, it might well be one of them...

Nice pens you have from Dimmler...

Thanks a lot for you reply!!

Happy Xmas and say hello to the mountains which I miss (I am from Haute Savoie...)

Anne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users