Photo

New Issue PENnant Mag: Pens from the Monkey Ward.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Collect old pens? Do consider subscribing to PENnant Magazine free with membership to Pen Collectors of America. The library of hundreds of downloadable vintage pen catalog copies alone is worth well more than the price of admission. In the current issue I offer Part 1 of Pens from The Monkey Ward, the first comprehensive assault on the fortress Montgomery Ward, to examine top quality 1930's pens made for it by Wahl, Waterman and National. Eranowitz liked the cover shot so much, he left the cover free of blurbs for the first time. What had been a whimsical claim to watch for a Part 2 I  actually hadn't planned to do, looks to turn to truth, since I am now working on a Part 2. Not sure it will be done for the next issue.

Cover for Pens from the Monkey Ward Part 1, a stretch for even my excellent point-n-shoot camera, what with 7MP, limited diffuse light, limited F-stop, hand held

monkeyward_part1_image0_coverWeb.jpg

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Indeed, another fascinating article, David. I am so, so glad a number of pen people suggested I join PCA a couple years ago. That is the best $40 I spend every year in this arena.

#3 snorkelcc

snorkelcc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion, I have just joined the PCA and started to study those interesting articles now...

CC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users