3 replies to this topic

#1 Snargle

Snargle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I've been lurking and reading here for a while, but I figured it was the right time to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Larry and I'm a fountain pen addict!

My initial interest in fountain pens began as a member of the Badger & Blade online traditional shaving forum. B&B has a pretty active pen sub-forum and I found the idea of writing with an older technology compatible with my interest in old-school razors and shaving brushes. I started out about two years ago with a couple of cheap, no-name Chinese pens (which are now buried somewhere deep in my junk drawer). Within a few months, I began hunting down bargain vintage pens on eBay and at the local antique malls and junk shops. Of course, the vintage pens usually required some repair work, so I taught myself some basic restoration skills (mostly just replacing sacs and general clean-up at this point).

Currently, my collection consists of about 65 pens, with about 80% of them being vintage. I do have some very nice modern pens which I also enjoy using, so I'm not strictly limited to the old timers! My oldest pen is a Paul Wirt BCHR eyedropper with a 1903 patent date. 

If I have any special interests, it's probably with the Sheaffer sub-brands, of which I have over a dozen Wasp and Vacuum-Fil pens. I particularly enjoy their colorful, strongly-patterned celluloid bodies. All of my pens are for use...I don't collect just to keep them in the case and look at them. I keep five or six inked up at any one time, and rotate them fairly regularly. 

I'm looking forward to the conversation and exchange of information here with my fellow FP Nuts!

#2 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Welcome!

:)

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#3 Wahl

Wahl

journeyman

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Welcome to the Board, Larry !

#4 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

Welcome!

​You will find the folks here at the FP Board really knowledgable and very friendly, and frankly, a much more learned audience willing to help you out. This "IS" the place to grow and to know about fountain pens!

If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users