• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Eaves

Steve Eaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

Do you have pens in need of repair? I would love to help!

I offer fountain pen repair services for most fountain pens. Filling repair includes a new sac or diaphragm, cleaning of clogged ink channels, usually by disassembly, careful mechanical removal of dried ink with modified dental instruments, and nib adjustment. I will polish the pen lightly to remove light scratches.
I do other restorative procedures such as crack repair of celluloid pens, gold plating, etc.

I will repair the filling systems of your fountain pens for the following prices:

1. Button, lever, hatchet, crescent fillers: $18.00 for the first pen, $16.00 for additional pens. Large volume discounts are available. Please write for details.

2. Shaeffer snorkel and Parker Vacumatic fillers $20.00 for the first pen and $18.00 for each additional pen. These pens frequently require part in addition to the diaphragms, O-rings, and sacs. Additional parts will require additional fees.

3. Shaeffer plunger fillers. $25.00 for simple repair. Most of these pens require more parts. Additional fees will apply to obtain these parts.

4. Twist fillers please ask me the cost before sending the pen. Some of these are fairly easy to fix. Others are not.

5. I am not currently offering Dunn, Onoto plunger, safety pens that need corks, or Piston filling repair services. I have repaired all of these except Onoto, but not enough to risk your good pens on my inexperience.

I will return your old pen to proper working order, carefully packaged by Priority Mail shipping at cost.(The small flat rate box is $4.95 and will hold about 30 pens packaged carefully.) International Shipping will cost more, so email for a quote.
I have successfully restored more than a thousand pens over the last 5 years.

PLEASE READ!! I cannot be held responsible should your pen break during the restoration process. I am very careful when repairing pens, but old pens are fragile and some pens are more fragile than others.

My turn around time is usually less than a week.

I am happy to discuss the repair of large lots of pens for a reduced fee.

My mailing address is:
10141 Willa Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

You can call my cell number, 703-216-9809. Expect to leave a message because I don't keep the phone with me every second.

You can e-mail me at pensnthings@gmail.com

I am always interested in pen parts and I am willing to barter. Just ask.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Happy collecting
Steve
Pens-n-things

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

Do you have pens in need of repair? I would love to help!

I offer fountain pen repair services for most fountain pens. Filling repair includes

SNIP

Happy collecting
Steve
Pens-n-things

Hi Steve.

Welcome to the Biz. Enjoyed chatting with you at Ohio. While I am well overdue in sending pens to restorers with whom I've dealt before, I also have far more unrestored pens lying about than all of them could possibly handle in near future. Will be happy to send some stuff your way to see how it goes.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Steve Eaves

Steve Eaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

Thanks David. I look forward to it.
I quite enjoyed seeing your gold vac. I have been wondering for 8 years if such a pen existed. I saw a large display of Imperial Vacumatics in Portabello Market and thought that a gold barrel must exist. Yours was the first I every saw (And I expect, the last).

Hi Steve.

Welcome to the Biz. Enjoyed chatting with you at Ohio. While I am well overdue in sending pens to restorers with whom I've dealt before, I also have far more unrestored pens lying about than all of them could possibly handle in near future. Will be happy to send some stuff your way to see how it goes.

regards

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users