• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:15 AM

Here is one of my new purchases. A friend found this set for me. Unfortunately the lady who owned it could not so far find the matching pencil. Maybe she will eventually. This is a box which I have never seen before.When you lift off the pen board you have a jewellery box, The groove at the back of the box underneath the pens is for rings. The banner across the corner says package by Farrington. Neet !
Note: There is no pink on pale blue satin as shown in the picture. Just picking up the light in the room. I took it with no flash. T

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:22 AM

Here is one of my new purchases. A friend found this set for me. Unfortunately the lady who owned it could not so far find the matching pencil. Maybe she will eventually. This is a box which I have never seen before.When you lift off the pen board you have a jewellery box, Neet !

Hi June,

Did you upload (or link to) the full size image. I'm getting a postage stamp size image even clicking on it. Think I've seen that general sort of box on rare occasion, but not sure based on the micro-pic ;)

-david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Rockyrod

Rockyrod

journeyman

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:27 AM

Very nice indeed. Are those part of the Hundred Year pens that Watermans created?

Rod R.
USAF, Ret.

#4 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hi June,

Did you upload (or link to) the full size image. I'm getting a postage stamp size image even clicking on it. Think I've seen that general sort of box on rare occasion, but not sure based on the micro-pic ;)

-david

Hello David:
Your fingers are faster than mine. It took me a moment to notice that I had made the picture too small. 1/4 normal size. I had to go back to the original to get a larger size. You are just too fast for me. I think it now shows at a better size. Thanks for the heads up.
June

#5 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:34 AM

Hello David:
Your fingers are faster than mine. It took me a moment to notice that I had made the picture too small. 1/4 normal size. I had to go back to the original to get a larger size. You are just too fast for me. I think it now shows at a better size. Thanks for the heads up.
June

Hi again,

Better.

No, I have not seen that exact box, which is quite nice.

The pen set is slightly later issue than my 100 Year Pen Doctor's set, but the case seems to follow similar theme, having dressed space below the pen tray.

Posted Image

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#6 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

Very nice indeed. Are those part of the Hundred Year pens that Watermans created?

No, I don't think so but it is using a similar band setup as some 100 years did. According the Fountain pens of the world page 44. Showing something similar in 1946.

#7 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

Hello David:
June

Hi again,

Better.

The pen set is slightly later issue than my 100 Year Pen Doctor's set, but the case seems to follow similar theme, having dressed space below the pen tray.

Posted Image

regards

David

Posted Image

#8 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:42 AM

Hi again,

Better.

Posted Image

regards

David

David

I have another set of three . Waterman Nurses pen set with only 2 bands. Both of these sets have thermometers so I can take my own temperature whenever the mood strikes me.
June

(reminder: Please put responses after the final quote mark when responding with an auto-quote. Otherwise, your post will appear as part of the quote, not as an separate response)

#9 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:43 AM

Hi,

Struggling to recall if I have paper image for this pen. I might, from some mid 1940's advert or even a 1947 Waterman catalogue, neither of which is with me this week. I own a similar nurse's set, one I photo'd about 4 years ago. This pen is not part of 100-Year series.

Posted Image

regards

David

Posted Image

#10 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

Hi,

Struggling to recall if I have paper image for this pen. I might, from some mid 1940's advert or even a 1947 Waterman catalogue, neither of which is with me this week. I own a similar nurse's set, one I photo'd about 4 years ago. This pen is not part of 100-Year series.

Posted Image

regards

David

It amazes me that some pens turn caramel coloured and some remain pristine. What is the answer to that?
June

#11 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

It amazes me that some pens turn caramel coloured and some remain pristine. What is the answer to that?
June

Hi June,

Being pretty much unused probably helps ;)

-d

Posted Image

#12 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

regards

David

David,
Interesting to see the certificate for the B-D thermometer there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the thermometers at your hospital were Becton Dickinson.

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

#13 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

David,
Interesting to see the certificate for the B-D thermometer there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the thermometers at your hospital were Becton Dickinson.

Tim

Here is my nurses set with the 2 bands. Not showing much wear except for age. No one is going to walk off with this ladies pen set

#14 fabbale

fabbale

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTuscany - Italy -

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

Here is my nurses set with the 2 bands. Not showing much wear except for age. No one is going to walk off with this ladies pen set

Another nurses set like this in leaher pounch.
Not good condition and unfortunately no thermometer and good photo !!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I buy old Italian fountain pens. If you have some to sell, please send me an email.

#15 June H

June H

journeyman

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Another nurses set like this in leaher pounch.
Not good condition and unfortunately no thermometer and good photo !!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good photos showing the pens well. Are they really as yellow as shown in picture. I see your pictures have the name emblassoned on the side as mine. I guess that way you could always find your pens if you laid them down. My set also has the same pouch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users