#1 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:31 AM

Okay, so what is it?

tell us about that awesome SUMGAI in the wild, or that rarity, that you needed to send photos along to prove you weren't telling that 3 foot fish story.....

I have had my share of finds this year, but I want to hear about yours.

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:43 AM

Okay, so what is it?

tell us about that awesome SUMGAI in the wild, or that rarity, that you needed to send photos along to prove you weren't telling that 3 foot fish story.....

I have had my share of finds this year, but I want to hear about yours.

Uhhh... Rick. I just... uhhhh... sort of... well... won the contest. Might as well call it a day. Send me the trophy. I am a way happy David.

Weird that you posted this just about when I posted in the "big 5" section, "What's the best Wahl out there, because I just found it" ;)

Anyway, this looks to be a great thread and I hope you get some answers.

But... it doesn't matter. I won. And, boy is there a story to go with it. But, I probably will not publish the tale for couple weeks. I paid a fair price (could have had it for less, but one must be fair), but it doesn't matter. I pulled out my old Radio Shack "Cachet Meter" and scanned the dang thing after I returned home. The meter shorted out. Couldn't handle the signal. A major Wahl indeed.

Ahhh... nice to know after all these years, shooting all those pens, finding many nice ones out there, that they still turn up. While my Wahl pursuits are modest, I might be happier with this Wahl then when I found my first Vac-Band Vac, because I know far more about pens than I did back in 2003 when I found the Vac Band, and this thing is more... significant.

Back to our regular programming now ;)

-david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:52 AM

David,

I don't know about that one ;) While I have found nothing of huge importance this year not from ebay (just a couple of DJ 51's at flea markets and such) a fellow just nabbed a parker snake in northern NJ last month for a little bit more than the original retail price. That is a great find. However, David's pen is sure to impress, and will probably be the winner of the members of this forum.

Regards,
George

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users