7 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

Found this on ebay for next to nothing. Of course it has some cracks. Still, It's the first of this sort I've seen. I have handled a handful of the FP demos.

I don't believe this is an Imperial, though not wholly sure of the differences for BP's, though this does match size of a burgundy BP I have as part of a PFM set.

Posted Image

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 Jiffypens

Jiffypens

journeyman

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

Don't see any reason why it couldn't be a PFM! I've seen a couple demo fountain pens, so surely they made a few ball points Posted Image

#3 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

Hi David,

I was under the impression that the BP sold with the PFMs was a "generic" ( for want of a better term...) one and used with other lines ( I guess that leaves Imperials) . So I'd assume that it would be correct to pair this with a PFM demonstrator or an Imperial demontrator ( was there one?..I don't recall seeing one) . Interesting item anyway,been a couple on the 'bay lately.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#4 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

One just sold on the 'bay for a bit over $80, which seemed a lot more than I remember the last one that I sold go for.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#5 Mike Kirk

Mike Kirk

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWixom, Michigan

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

I think I have one of these somewhere but I do have Imperial ballpoints as well. Perhaps I can scrutinize them when I get home this Friday and post dimensions and photos. I'm curious, David, why you think it might be specific to PFM line. Gut feel? Or are there specific features you're tuning in to. I tend to think Hughmight be right, surmising that it could be a design common to both lines. Maybe different color offerings?!? Catalog of the time would help. Mike

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]
Penfindum Restorum

Memberpca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png NAWCCLogo_zps4a922f0b.jpg

#6 Rockyrod

Rockyrod

journeyman

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

BP Pens seem to be going fairly cheap these days, unless it is a Jotter and they are way high. I picked up several Eversharp CA's for nearly nothing and laid out a whopping $5 for a Reynolds Rockets thanks to ebay. I love to fix these toys and make them working pens once more. One of the hobbies more neglected areas.

Rod R.
USAF, Ret.

#7 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

The PFM (Imperial?) BP Demo again, this time with an earlier ballpoint Demo ... TM TD? Snorkel?

Posted Image

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#8 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

Nice pair David, I lean to a later snorkel BP for the reason the early BPs that went with the TDs either had a screw cap or slip cap. Whatever it's a pretty serious bit of gear, I like it.Posted Image

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users