No replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

Just picked up a nice "late" (late 1930's?) Moore Maniflex set. The nibs tend to be marked Maniflex. The barrel imprints show size/model codes. I'm uncertain if there exists some other series name for this bunch.

The full length pens are found L-96A (oversized) L-94-A (standard), L-92-A (slender.

I now have a a couple stubby clip pens (same girth, I believe as L-92A, but possibly same as the standard girth L-94A) with L-72A markings. I have vague recollection one of my pens is L-84A or something along those lines, but the collection is not with me now.

A happy find this week is a mint stickered L-72A short set in jet black. Lovely set. Sorry for the quick shot sans photo lab, but I'm traveling.

Posted Image

To put in context, here are some other shots of Moore pens from this family.

An array of Moore full length pens. Most are L-94A standard size; the candy stripe/mesh at top position is an OS L-96A

Posted Image

I'm fond of the snakeskin type pattern in this series. Several are shown in image below. The bottom pen is a standard L-94A set. I don't yet own an OS. The two pens above it are short models, one apparently standard girth, one slender. They are not with me so I cannot check codes, but one of the two corresponds to the black L-72A that started the thread. One of the two short pens might be L-84A (or something like that). Clearly I will need to amend this post once I examine the pens again. I have seen one snakeskin pen in gray, at least I believe it is not a faded green ;) That one has not been shot yet.

Posted Image

Finally, another recent acquisition, a most uncommon oversized L-96A in pinstripe pattern. I believe I've seen one standard pen L-94A for sale on ebay as well. The pinstripes themselves have different border colors and some change color over their length. Neat pen.

Posted Image

These are well less common than similar era Sheaffer and Parker pens, but of course have a smaller base of collectors. Certainly they are appreciated by some of us.

Any manufacturer info or additional images welcomed, of course.

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users