• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Will take some pictures of the syringe filler next time I get the photographic stuff out, probably in a couple of weeks. Most of the 300 Dinkies will remain under wraps until I get the book finished!

Andy

#22 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Will take some pictures of the syringe filler next time I get the photographic stuff out, probably in a couple of weeks. Most of the 300 Dinkies will remain under wraps until I get the book finished!

Andy

Cool, and I'll look forward to the book!

I think this is the first thread I've started that made it to a second page. I feel like I just graduated!

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

#23 Pentangeli

Pentangeli

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationManila, PHL / Carmel, CA

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hello again!

Here are some photos of my Peter Pan fountain pen. The cartridge converter and silver dollar were included alongside the pen to show size perspective.

Peter Pan with Cartridge Converter

Peter Pan with Lady Liberty

I also placed the pen alongside a small engineer's steel rule to show the pen's length measurements.

Peter Pen Capped at 85mm

Peter Pan Uncapped at 80mm

I hope you enjoy the photos of my tiny pen teaser.

Cheers,

J.P.

#24 Pentangeli

Pentangeli

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hello again! (Part 2)

Oops, sorry! I knew I did something wrong the first time I tried to post the photos. So here they are again and this time I did the right thing.

Here are some photos of my Peter Pan fountain pen. The cartridge converter and silver dollar were included alongside the pen to show size perspective.

#25 Pentangeli

Pentangeli

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hello again! (Part 3)

Oops! I still can't get the photos to appear on this post. I used the HTML code the second time but apparently it did not work. This is going to be my third try and last try and I'm going to use the photo link. I really hope it comes out this time.

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/2nZ8F0

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/wFZ6g9

I also placed the pen alongside an engineer's steel rule to show its length. It measures 85mm capped and 80mm uncapped.

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/16mLi9

http://flickr.com/gp...1597@N04/P4X6e3

The pen is fully functional and is writing smoothly despite its small size. I hope you enjoy the photos of my tiny pen teaser.

Cheers,

J.P.

#26 AndyR

AndyR

journeyman

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Better late than never!

Here are the long-promised images of my mini syringe filler, almost certainly made by George Shand. Top picture shows it alongside a 'normal sized' syringe filler made by Shand for W. H. Smith, the well-known British stationer, bottom picture (not quite to the same scale unfortunately) shows it with the syringe plunger exposed. It is the shape of this that gives us one of the main clues that this is a George Shand pen. The pens would date to around 1910.

Andy

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Blotto

Blotto

journeyman

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNorth OC, CA

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

This PeterPan ED is 2¼ inches capped (5.7 cm)...about the length of a pretzel stick, and writes like a dream.

Apologies on two counts
1. Cheesy Photo
2. Can't figure out how to insert the photo

Edit by Ye Olde Admin.

Photo link corrected. Trick when posting from a Gallery image (noting FPB offers 25 MB free hosting to members), is to hit the "share image" area to right of the image when viewing it in Gallery. Then copy-all for the BBC CODE option. Just paste that into your post; you do not need to hit the photo icon in the editor, as the BBC code incorporates the code the photo icon would provide... and there you go.

Or if you like to use the photo icon in the posting box, instead of selecting the BBC CODE option from Gallery, just select-all/copy for the IMAGE LINK and paste that into the Photo Icon box after hitting Photo Icon (2 over from the smiley face). The BBC Code is the easier way. Unlike uploads to posts (capped at 500kb), the Gallery gives essentially permanent storage.

Posted Image

#28 Blotto

Blotto

journeyman

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNorth OC, CA

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:39 PM

This PeterPan ED is 2¼ inches capped (5.7 cm)...about the length of a pretzel stick which got eaten, so the toothpick is for reference. Writes like a dream.

http://fountainpenbo...88-peterpan-ed/

Apologies on two counts
1. Cheesy Photo

#29 Blotto

Blotto

journeyman

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNorth OC, CA

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

This PeterPan ED is 2¼ inches capped (5.7 cm)...about the length of a pretzel stick, and writes like a dream.

Apologies on two counts
1. Cheesy Photo

Edit by Ye Olde Admin.

Photo link corrected. Trick when posting from a Gallery image (noting FPB offers 25 MB free hosting to members), is to hit the "share image" area to right of the image when viewing it in Gallery. Then copy-all for the BBC CODE option. Just paste that into your post; you do not need to hit the photo icon in the editor, as the BBC code incorporates the code the photo icon would provide... and there you go.

Or if you like to use the photo icon in the posting box, instead of selecting the BBC CODE option from Gallery, just select-all/copy for the IMAGE LINK and paste that into the Photo Icon box after hitting Photo Icon (2 over from the smiley face). The BBC Code is the easier way. Unlike uploads to posts (capped at 500kb), the Gallery gives essentially permanent storage.

Posted Image

Many thanks. I need all the help I can get.
Now, about the photo...

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Many thanks. I need all the help I can get.
Now, about the photo...

You'd have to bug Isaacson for that. Rumor has it he knows a bit about pen photography ;)

regards

Ye Olde Admin (hiding behind the curtain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users