#21 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Thanks, you're a babe!

ETA: Oh, man, I'm having a good laugh - Google searching on PCA leads to, among others:

Poodle Club of America
PokerStars Caribbean Adventure
Professional Cowboy Association

The swag from these places would be worth the price of admission...

I feel so old...

Pen Collectors of America

http://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com/

Note that you also get copies of the PENnant magazine, as of this year edited by Paul Erano of Fountain Pens Past and Present and Advisor here at FPB. His book is a good read. I know- i did a bunch of the photos ;) Make sure you get copy of last issue for the Sheaffer-Lenox desk set article by somebody.

regards

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#22 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

I feel so old...

Pen Collectors of America

http://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com/

Yeah, I had found it already. Though I have to admit, it would be pretty fun to see you in cowboy boots and hat. ;) I'll be joining PCA this afternoon, and I promise not to derail your thread any more.

As for feeling old, get out. Three of the five members of my percussion section weren't even born when I played my first concert with the orchestra.

#23 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, I had found it already. Though I have to admit, it would be pretty fun to see you in cowboy boots and hat. ;) I'll be joining PCA this afternoon, and I promise not to derail your thread any more.

As for feeling old, get out. Three of the five members of my percussion section weren't even born when I played my first concert with the orchestra.

I had to go back to page one to get the cowboy reference. I am mostly seen in cowboy hat and boots and I think David would look just fine in such attire.

Roger W.

#24 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

-SNIP-

We'll have to have you meet Wooten

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#25 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

As an aside- and i must check when I have access to pen again- it might be an anomalous smooth clip, vs just having lost the expected "Sheaffer's" stamp in the resolution and lighting. That aside, what you need to think on is what does it mean to see an "early" (same tale really as the other pen) clip on a late high line full size striped pen with normal cap-band? Also, note the white dot seems small. This to me is a marker for what's up too.

If this remains hopeless, lemme know, and I'll do the reveal.

d

Well, my obvious conclusion (and one I enjoy tossing around facetiously for some reason) is "must be Canadian". Maybe sometimes obvious is... well, obvious.

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

#26 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

http://billspens.com/

regards,

-d

Yup, that's where I looked at the '39 catalog.

Tim

#27 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

Well, my obvious conclusion (and one I enjoy tossing around facetiously for some reason) is "must be Canadian". Maybe sometimes obvious is... well, obvious.

Tim

And that's it. The 2nd and last pen are Canadian. Round ball clip on any striated pen... Canadian (barring further surprises of course). TBOMK Canadian pens do not show up with the vertically line "Jeweler's" cap-band. The cap-band on 2nd pen is similar sort but with couple latitudinal lines at top and at bottom of band with wide blank space wrapping entirely around as well. I've seen total of 3-4 pens of this sort. My guess would be it served similar role/niche in the Canadian scene.

Last pen with flat ball clip on high line white dot pen (and with that small white dot and vaguely unduly rounded top to cap) screams "Canada".

regards

David

Posted Image

#28 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Cool. Love working through stuff 'till I figure it out.

Woo hoo!

Tim

#29 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:44 AM

Speaking of Carmine...

I shot this pen which is to meet it's probable new owner at the DC Show next week. I like the pen and like the image. El Zorno does a nice job cleaning up these old pens, although this one was pretty nice to begin with.

Posted Image

regards

David

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users