#1 KarloT

KarloT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationManila, baby!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hi!

I currently am loving the Parker 75 and another 75 fan in my pen club suggested I try a Premiere. Now I haven't seen too many of them in the wild over here. My sole exposure to them has been through pictures and some reviews.

The Cisele variant looks great but I wondered how much thicker and longer the Premiere is vis-a-vis the 75? The ability to use a common set of sections and nibs is appealing and no less than Li-Tah Wong of Parker75.com recommended the Premiere for this reason.

Anyone here have one? Does it weigh much more than a 75?

Also, the Parker 45 is one of my favored daily writers, especially at work where folks who sign my check may borrow my pen. I am also interested in acquiring a Harlequin Shield 45 down the road, if the price is good, but wanted to know if the finish holds up well to posting?

On the Flighter I have, it is easy to clean up the scratches. I'm a little O/C that way, but I only do so once the barrel tail starts to look like it was dragged through a gravel pit.

Karlo

#2 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Hi Karlo,
I've a 45 Harlequin for sale here , I used it for a while and it seemed to hold up well but I wouldn't say it had a lot of use as such so long term I don't know about posting.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

Hi!

I currently am loving the Parker 75 and another 75 fan in my pen club suggested I try a Premiere. Now I haven't seen too many of them in the wild over here. My sole exposure to them has been through pictures and some reviews.

The Cisele variant looks great but I wondered how much thicker and longer the Premiere is vis-a-vis the 75? The ability to use a common set of sections and nibs is appealing and no less than Li-Tah Wong of Parker75.com recommended the Premiere for this reason.

Also, the Parker 45 is one of my favored daily writers, especially at work where folks who sign my check may borrow my pen. I am also interested in acquiring a Harlequin Shield 45 down the road, if the price is good, but wanted to know if the finish holds up well to posting?

On the Flighter I have, it is easy to clean up the scratches. I'm a little O/C that way, but I only do so once the barrel tail starts to look like it was dragged through a gravel pit.

Karlo

I might have one Premiere sitting around, found as part of the Near Moden Pen Hoard that Paul Erano and I grabbed few years back. WIll have to try it in hand and let you know.

Here are couple mint Harlequins from the Vacumania.com pen site.

Posted Image

Posted Image

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 Penman

Penman

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hi!

Karlo

If you are a regular poster of pen caps, and the scratches and wear so produced bothers you then you may like to consider a pen where the cap screws onto the end of the barrell.

If we can name 5 modern pens that do this then I think that we have done pretty well, start with a Montblanc Boheme.

Any takers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users