• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

I'm well on my way to completing my Symphony 703 Slipper Cap collection with the notable exception of a brown example of this pen. I've never seen one in the flesh, nor in pictures so I'm wondering if anyone has one or has pictures they would care to share.

As David I says, they are underappreciated pens for sure and I really have taking a liking to them!

Regards,

Tom
My Site: Pens and Ink

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

I'm well on my way to completing my Symphony 703 Slipper Cap collection with the notable exception of a brown example of this pen. I've never seen one in the flesh, nor in pictures so I'm wondering if anyone has one or has pictures they would care to share.

As David I says, they are underappreciated pens for sure and I really have taking a liking to them!

Regards,

Tom

Not sure I've seen an early brown as 703, though might have. I do have brown sitting about that probably no one here (except Richard, who had a peek at the Raleigh show) has seen.

Must see if can find the photo.

BTW, here is an early (mid-late 1940's) Symphony, by Wahl-Eversharp, for those who are not familiar.

Posted Image

-d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

Not sure I've seen an early brown as 703, though might have. I do have brown sitting about that probably no one here (except Richard, who had a peek at the Raleigh show) has seen.

Must see if can find the photo.

BTW, here is an early (mid-late 1940's) Symphony, by Wahl-Eversharp, for those who are not familiar.

Posted Image

-d

I'm actually looking at 2nd generation slipper cap 703's just for clarification. Although I'd still be interested in a quick and dirty of the early brown, which I've also never seen.

-Tom

My Site: Pens and Ink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users