#1 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hi all,

Sure great to be here on the FPB! Really like the friendliness and such freedom to express one's opinion about so many topics!

Here is a repair I would like to share with everyone. Seems this client of mine had flow issues on his Parker 75. Upon removing the nib (and no easy feat as some of you know!) it was discovered that the feed channels were filled with gold ink, see photos!

No amount of cleaning with the nib on would have cleared these feed channels, so removal was needed. Might I add that this repair, including straightening of the nib, was a 3 day turn around for the customer. Enjoy!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hi Greg,

Bet he's more careful with his ink selection from now on!! A healthy reminder to use a cheap throw away pen for those lovely handwritten "gold" invitations, although I guess flushing straight after use may have avoided this. People seem determined to put some strange things in expensive pens Posted Image

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#3 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Hi Greg,

Bet he's more careful with his ink selection from now on!! A healthy reminder to use a cheap throw away pen for those lovely handwritten "gold" invitations, although I guess flushing straight after use may have avoided this. People seem determined to put some strange things in expensive pens Posted Image

Regards
Hugh

Dear Hugh,

Exactly! My wife, a master calligrapher, cannot believe what people put in their pens, often with disastrous results. With such narrow feed channels even the slightest impurity can result in a clog.

Thanks for your response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users