6 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:21 AM

The entire scene was rather the horror, with a student charged with murder in... awkward circumstances.

Still, this is first time in a bit I've heard of Suicide by Pen

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

Sort of puts online arguments about pens into perspective...

-david

BOSTON – Aformer medical student awaiting trial in the shooting death of amasseuse he met through Craigslist killed himself in an apparentsuicide reportedly by cutting his wrists and suffocating himself.

An autopsy was scheduled for Monday, butthe Boston Herald, quoting anonymous sources, said the 24-year-old useda pen to cut arteries and covered his head with a plastic bag. snip.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

Now all we need is a pen brawl at a pen show. I'm sure those rusty gold plated nibs will come in handy ;) j/k of course lol

George

#3 Old Griz

Old Griz

journeyman

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHagerstown, MD

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

As stupid as it sounds this was the reason I was given for my daughter not being able to use a fountain pen in elementary school...
The point on a fountain pen could be used for a weapon...
I went to a school board meeting and proved to them that a sharpened #2 pencil was more dangerous than the steel nib on a third tier pen...
I used a couple of cantelopes to prove my point (pun intended)....
In the end they changed the ruling to use of a fountain pen with the teacher's permission...
Her fifth grade teacher let her use one for everything but math... he was a real good teacher.
Tom
Posted Image
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#4 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Remember those lousy erasable ball pens that came out in the late '70s (Papermate made 'em, I think)? That's what I used in Algebra when I was a Freshman. Using a pen was the only thing that made math tolerable.

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

#5 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

The pen is mightier than the sword?

OOPS, did I really say that?Posted Image

#6 Growler

Growler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWest Gnawed Pencil, TN

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

I do know some people who have stabbed themselves with a pen, I even know some people who are doing some serious jail time because they miss-used a pen and I have seen one too many movies where someone killed with a pen, but suicide..........?

#7 ohiopenshow

ohiopenshow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationA man of all the world

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

Lest we not forget the scene in Indiana Jones when Sean Connery uses a pen to assume control of a Nazi tank. Anyone else with pen violent movie scenes???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users