3 replies to this topic

#1 ZGrand

ZGrand

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

Here is a mechanical pencil I found at my Mother's house. It says "American" on the clip, and the eraser has an unusual location at the base of the top. The clip looks bent in the picture, but it is not. That's probably just a reflection of my camera. Has anyone ever seen one like it? I couldn't find anything on the web about a writing instrument manufacturer called American. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

Here is a mechanical pencil I found at my Mother's house. It says "American" on the clip, and the eraser has an unusual location at the base of the top. The clip looks bent in the picture, but it is not. That's probably just a reflection of my camera. Has anyone ever seen one like it? I couldn't find anything on the web about a writing instrument manufacturer called American. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Cute pencil. Color resembles the Chilton color Carnelian.

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Gary

Gary

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDublin, IN.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

jonathanveley.com Look for the pen museum on the first page. If Jon doesn't have a pencil you've got, maybe it hasn't been made.
GaryR

Edited by Gary, 04 March 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#4 ZGrand

ZGrand

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for the information and the link. Yes, Jon does have pencils made by the American Pencil Company -- even one very similar to this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users