3 replies to this topic

#1 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Early this year we where approached to be part of a "historic" gardens feature as part of a local food and wine weekend. Now over, we had a large crowd of over 400 attending. Some photo's of early in the day, before the crowds arrived, of our autumn garden.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was a great day with many people availing themselves of the lunch and refreshments provided by the local bush fire brigade ( who thankfully made a decent profit ) , my wife and I where delighted to see people relaxing and enjoying the surrounds. Also glad it's over, lot of hard work!!

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#2 Shadow Wave

Shadow Wave

journeyman

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

That's quite a layout you have there. Do you take care of it all yourself?

One acre is about killing me.:lol:

#3 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

That's quite a layout you have there. Do you take care of it all yourself?

One acre is about killing me.:lol:

Yes Shelley and I have to date but have now engaged some help, despite the size it's not as high maintenance as might be expected due to the style and plantings ( our previous garden also on the same farm (different house though) was about an 1/8 the size and more work!!). While not in the photos the garden surrounds a large old house and the layout needed to do several things, it needed to be large enough to complement the house, it needed to be simplistic in design and as low maintenance as possible ( otherwise we'd be well and truly dead...). While some things have worked others have failed overall it reflects the aims fairly well, or so we think. I guess it's more park like than intense features which seemed to be how the visitors treated the area, a lot seemed to sit and enjoy the overall "feel". Strangely, simply sitting in the garden is something we rarely take time to do so seeing others enjoying it was the best feeling.

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Lovely, Hugh, thank you for sharing that. Please: take time to sit in your very own park!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users