• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 parkercollector.com

parkercollector.com

journeyman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

I just snatched this off eBay for $31. I confess I was willing to pay more, but the dude before me retracted his $39.
It has a horrible cap crack on the top, but I'm happy anyway. Now I have the brown and red, just need the green for my mini-collection. And a few oversized ones...
Do you recognise it?

Posted Image

/Tony
Posted Image

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

I just snatched this off eBay for $31. I confess I was willing to pay more, but the dude before me retracted his $39.
It has a horrible cap crack on the top, but I'm happy anyway. Now I have the brown and red, just need the green for my mini-collection. And a few oversized ones...
Do you recognise it?

/Tony

I'd give you a very healthy profit, crack included :)

d

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 parkercollector.com

parkercollector.com

journeyman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Do you recognise it?

/Tony

I'd give you a very healthy profit, crack included

d

As I recall you already have all three colours and then some! :)
Posted Image

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

I believe David's motto is from that "The Most Interesting Man In The World" guy: "Stay thirsty, my friend."

#5 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationManila/Virginia/San Diego

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

very nice pickup! have yet to score one of those--let alone at $31 ;)
Check out my pens here and my blog here.

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

Do you recognise it?

/Tony

d

My only brown (an OS) and my only red OS (i have a standard too ) AND my spare OS Green burned in Lynn Sorgatz's barn fire in wisconsin. :(

Not joking that I'd buy your brown mesh pen. Currently I have a standard in red and an OS in green and thats it.

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#7 parkercollector.com

parkercollector.com

journeyman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Do you recognise it?

/Tony

d

My only brown (an OS) and my only red OS (i have a standard too ) AND my spare OS Green burned in Lynn Sorgatz's barn fire in wisconsin. :(

Not joking that I'd buy your brown mesh pen. Currently I have a standard in red and an OS in green and thats it.

d

Thanks, I'll hang on to it until something better comes along. I'd consider trading it for an egg-shell though ;-)

Oh, I thought just machinery and no pens were harmed in the Sorgatz fire... sorry to hear that.
In the words of The Man: good hunting!
/T
Posted Image

#8 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

That's one helluva a purchase! It seems there is always something to covet...... :rolleyes:
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#9 parkercollector.com

parkercollector.com

journeyman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

I just got the Candy Vac, the crack is horrific and there are some other problems with it but that plastic makes my mouth water!

Posted Image

Here are both of my gems, both have cap problems.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Do you recognise it?

/Tony

d

d

Thanks, I'll hang on to it until something better comes along. I'd consider trading it for an egg-shell though ;-)

Oh, I thought just machinery and no pens were harmed in the Sorgatz fire... sorry to hear that.
In the words of The Man: good hunting!
/T

I heard that a bunch of repair pens got toasted as well as Most (all?) of Lynn's personal collection which (from what i'd heard) included a vast array of the known Oxblood Flamingo? Wahl/Eversharps.

#11 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I heard that a bunch of repair pens got toasted as well as Most (all?) of Lynn's personal collection which (from what i'd heard) included a vast array of the known Oxblood Flamingo? Wahl/Eversharps.

Hi JIm,

A good chunk of the World's Largest Collection of these candy-stripe English Vacs died in the fire :(

Too, while I've not heard of Flamingo flambé, several very scarce Wahl flat-top OS "Deco Band" export-to-Denmark pens in Duofold Orange died as well

regards

d

Posted Image

#12 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

i think i just may have found one of these brown candy vacs, for not too much, but lacking a nib and section. could someone among you lucky enough to have one of these kindly upload a pic of the writing end, so i'll know what to look for when i restore the pen? what year or years of production are we talking about here? and how much have restored specimens gone for on the market? thanks!

jose

#13 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

Wow! Neat plastic for sure! Good going!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#14 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

the pen is on its way to me in virginia--from ireland, where it turned up in this lot below. not exactly a sumgai find like tony's (and this one is missing, i'm told, its nib and "nib holder," which i take to be its section), but at $111 for the lot, shipped, it can't be too bad ;) there's a waterman in there, too, somewhere.

do tell me if you can confirm seeing what i thought i saw, given the seller's blurry pic. should have a better shot for you in a week or so:

Posted Image

i think i just may have found one of these brown candy vacs, for not too much, but lacking a nib and section. could someone among you lucky enough to have one of these kindly upload a pic of the writing end, so i'll know what to look for when i restore the pen? what year or years of production are we talking about here? and how much have restored specimens gone for on the market? thanks!

jose

Edited by penmanila, 30 July 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#15 parkercollector.com

parkercollector.com

journeyman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

yes.jpg

Posted Image

#16 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:27 PM

Interesting, if a bit different Tony. Does it have a barrel imprint?

regards

d

Posted Image

#17 parkercollector.com

parkercollector.com

journeyman

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

It's in the mail, I'm pretty excited. Looks like a opposite trim AND has a candy blind cap. Have you seen that before?

Posted Image

#18 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

Have not seen reverse trim. The image though is limited. Do keep us informed.

regards

d

Posted Image

#19 penmanila

penmanila

journeyman

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

i don't suppose you got this for $31? ;)

#20 Jerry Adair

Jerry Adair

journeyman

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationShorewood

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

Yes quite a few pens including my one and only 56 Cardinal and a Tiffany marked 14k combo Mr Sorgatz never bothered to call I heard the news from David
Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users