Photo

Balance Dating Help. When did the lever pin go away?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Hi,

Anyone know when the 1930's Sheaffer Balance lost the lever pin and gained the internal lever ring?

I'm guessing around 1931...

Thanks

david

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hi,

Anyone know when the 1930's Sheaffer Balance lost the lever pin and gained the internal lever ring?

Thanks

david

David;

If I said it once I may have said it a dozen times - fourth quarter 1930. That is from the Sheaffer archivist so there is documentation to support it - somewhere. The thing we don't know is if it was all at once or over a period of time/model lines.

Roger W.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hi,

Thanks

david

David;

If I said it once I may have said it a dozen times - fourth quarter 1930. That is from the Sheaffer archivist so there is documentation to support it - somewhere. The thing we don't know is if it was all at once or over a period of time/model lines.

Roger W.

OK. I'll bite. Sheaffer had an archivist? When did this archivist pronounce this???

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 Roger W.

Roger W.

ADVISOR

• Moderators
  • 944 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

David;

Really? OK, Tom Franz was the archivist well known to those that know Sheaffer. Tom past on a couple - three years ago. I would say he emailed me around 9 years ago. I do not have a copy of that email though the exact date I published years ago - sometime in November, '30 I think.

Roger W.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users