• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 outbackpengeek

outbackpengeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

G'day everyone! I'm from outback Australia, and having a ball since discovering fountain pens by way of my mechanical watch obsession (actually, it seems to be a re-discovery, as holding a cartridge brought back memories from primary school, so I guess I must be old enough to have used a fountain pen back then). I've resurrected my cursive writing as well, which has gone unused for 30 years, which I've really been enjoying. So far I've accumulated;

Vintage: Parker 51 Aerometric, Parker Vacumatic, Montblanc 22, Pilot Murex, Sheaffer PFM V.
Modern: Pilot Vanishing Point, Pilot M90, Lamy Safari (x2), Lamy Dialog 3, Lamy 2000

cheers!

#2 FmrLEO_GJ

FmrLEO_GJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 539 posts
  • LocationPenguin, NW Tasmania, AUSTRALIA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

G'day everyone! I'm from outback Australia, and having a ball since discovering fountain pens by way of my mechanical watch obsession (actually, it seems to be a re-discovery, as holding a cartridge brought back memories from primary school, so I guess I must be old enough to have used a fountain pen back then). I've resurrected my cursive writing as well, which has gone unused for 30 years, which I've really been enjoying. So far I've accumulated;

Vintage: Parker 51 Aerometric, Parker Vacumatic, Montblanc 22, Pilot Murex, Sheaffer PFM V.
Modern: Pilot Vanishing Point, Pilot M90, Lamy Safari (x2), Lamy Dialog 3, Lamy 2000

cheers!

Well G'day right back at you ;)

Where in Outback Australia are you?
I am currently living in Tasmania, but have lived and worked from Adelaide to Darwin - including Coober Pedy, Marla Bore - and from Broken Hill to Eucla.
Have seen about 75% of mainland Australia and thought Tasmania would be nice as hadn't seen in. Came here in Dec 2002 and still here... but having said that, I feel a yearning to go back to Coober Pedy for a visit, need to get my Darwin fix [having lived there 3 times], and Kimberly country beckons also.

Welcome :)
Garth
Penguin, NW Tasmania, Australia

We will be forever known by the tracks we leave behind - Sitting Bull

#3 outbackpengeek

outbackpengeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

Well G'day right back at you ;)

Where in Outback Australia are you?
I am currently living in Tasmania, but have lived and worked from Adelaide to Darwin - including Coober Pedy, Marla Bore - and from Broken Hill to Eucla.
Have seen about 75% of mainland Australia and thought Tasmania would be nice as hadn't seen in. Came here in Dec 2002 and still here... but having said that, I feel a yearning to go back to Coober Pedy for a visit, need to get my Darwin fix [having lived there 3 times], and Kimberly country beckons also.

Welcome :)

Thanks :) I'm in Alice Springs. I've also lived in Darwin, and a couple of places in between. I've seen most of the mainland, but I've never been to Tasmania. I would very much like to bring my bike down though and see it! I stay in Coober Pedy overnight on the way to Adelaide...it's still just as surreal as I'm sure you remember it :)

#4 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

Welcome from another Aussie!!

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

#5 Euro Vintage

Euro Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Welcome from another Aussie!!

Regards
Hugh

+1

You are in good company here at FPB.

Nostalgia for the good old days is not a sin - my wife agrees to that and opens the chequebook for me, too.

400 pens in 12 months, my friend - it can happen to you !

But where you are, storage space won't be an issue, I guess.

Tri
Sydney

PS: showing off my 1930s Pelikan 112 (gold plated, the premium pen of Pelikan at the time, 42 DM I think all 80 years ago)

Attached Files

#6 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

Welcome! You will find the folks here on the great Fountain Pen Board very friendly, open, and willing to help you with anything they can. Everyone here is professional and nice!

I have friends in Adelaide and even sold a pen to a new client in Alice Springs just last month!Posted Image

If there anything I can assist you with, please let me know!Posted Image

Sincerely,

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users