1 reply to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Well, with Davey having partially migrated to Janesville, WI, the sleepy town that was home to Parker pens for more than 100 years--- what, I say WHAT are the odds of hospital work coincidentally pulling me there-- I did what I do in every new-to-me town. As in the past with Rochester then Syracuse, it was time to organize a pen club. J-ville has some long time collectors and many who live within a couple hours.

Following Syracuse tradition, we met at Denny's, as it is well-lit and has adjustable table space. This meeting could have been a Fountain Pen Board Advisors gathering, as I, John Danza and Roger Wooten were there. The (in)famous Susan WIrth, pen friend for more than a decade., joined us from MIlwaukee. Susan had been offered an Advisor role, but as she essentially does not post online, it proved impractical. John shot the images. We had a couple members with spouse and/or daughter present. Lots of nice pens.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I managed to grab at least a fistful of the Sheaffers showing-and-telling in this image and came home with ten Sheaffers for my collection or for the website. One of these days I'll find some Parkers in Janesville,

Posted Image

regards

David
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 Mike Kirk

Mike Kirk

journeyman

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWixom, Michigan

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Need to have a special weekday (evening) meeting some time so I can attend one. :)
I'll try to notify the next time I'm in Wisconsin. B)

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]
Penfindum Restorum

Memberpca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png NAWCCLogo_zps4a922f0b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users