3 replies to this topic

#1 Indy-Pen-Dance

Indy-Pen-Dance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationZionsville, Indiana

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I suspect most of you are, by now, aware that Stan Pfeiffer passed away in a house fire recently. Ginger Welch was Stan's life partner and she not only lost Stan, but she also lost her home and most all of it's contents. This was a true tragedy and the pen community lost a friend and an inspiration.

Alan Shaw, of Shaw's Pens is coordinating a "Memorial Fund Raffle" to take place this weekend at the DC Pen Show in Stan's honor. Many of us have made donations to the Raffle - and there is still time to make a donation for the drawing if you so desire. Tickets will be $5 per ticket per drawing and will be available at Shaw Pen's table. So far there are at least 3 pens being raffled (including one of Alan's Presidential series pens) and ink/paper goods from a few of us.

This Memorial fund raffle is going towards expenses related to Stan's medical care and cost related to the fire. At this point, I don't know if the house is salvageable to any extent or if it will have to be completely rebuilt. Unfortunately, however, Stan and Ginger did not have insurance so Ginger will bear the brunt of the expense. We hope those of you at the show will take a moment and stop by Alan Shaw's table to take part in this raffle and support the pen community in helping one of our own!

Kind Regards,
Linda & Mike
IPD

Have an old fountain pen that needs restored or a newer one that needs some TLC? We provide quality restoration and nib work so your pens can glide across the page as gracefully as the best Waltz dancers.

www.Indy-Pen-Dance.com

#2 Indy-Pen-Dance

Indy-Pen-Dance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationZionsville, Indiana

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

I suspect most of you are, by now, aware that Stan Pfeiffer passed away in a house fire recently. Ginger Welch was Stan's life partner and she not only lost Stan, but she also lost her home and most all of it's contents. This was a true tragedy and the pen community lost a friend and an inspiration.

Alan Shaw, of Shaw's Pens is coordinating a "Memorial Fund Raffle" to take place this weekend at the DC Pen Show in Stan's honor. Many of us have made donations to the Raffle - and there is still time to make a donation for the drawing if you so desire. Tickets will be $5 per ticket per drawing and will be available at Shaw Pen's table. So far there are at least 3 pens being raffled (including one of Alan's Presidential series pens) and ink/paper goods from a few of us.

This Memorial fund raffle is going towards expenses related to Stan's medical care and cost related to the fire. At this point, I don't know if the house is salvageable to any extent or if it will have to be completely rebuilt. Unfortunately, however, Stan and Ginger did not have insurance so Ginger will bear the brunt of the expense. We hope those of you at the show will take a moment and stop by Alan Shaw's table to take part in this raffle and support the pen community in helping one of our own!

Kind Regards,
Linda & Mike
IPD

The raffle was a success! We want to thank everyone that took part for the support! Alan Shaw was pleased with the participation and it was fun hearing winners called for so many prizes. Thanks again folks - this community is so special and at times like this it really shows!

Linda Kennedy

Have an old fountain pen that needs restored or a newer one that needs some TLC? We provide quality restoration and nib work so your pens can glide across the page as gracefully as the best Waltz dancers.

www.Indy-Pen-Dance.com

#3 Shadow Wave

Shadow Wave

journeyman

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Oh that's so sad about Stan. I hadn't heard. I met him at the NY show in 2009 and he was so nice.

Glad the raffle was a success.

#4 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

I suspect most of you are, by now, aware that Stan Pfeiffer passed away in a house fire recently. Ginger Welch was Stan's life partner and she not only lost Stan, but she also lost her home and most all of it's contents. This was a true tragedy and the pen community lost a friend and an inspiration.SNIP

Kind Regards,
Linda & Mike
IPD

Hi,

I had been aware of Stan's passing, but did not realize it was in a fire. I had assumed his illnesses finally had claimed him. This is horrifying, and I thank you for bringing it-- and the gestures to help-- to our attention.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users