Photo

Eep! Board Apologies re: RIP Dennis Lively.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Apologies to readers. This thread was deleted accidentally. Lesson here not to play with Admin f unctions after Nigh Shifts and Jet Lag. I was about to edit my own post, but the Admin panel has extra control options. Dragged an unintended option from the menu and deleted the thread. Not good.

Anyway, the topic is welcome to be in play and its disappearance was purely by accident. Feel free to post on it. My apologies

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#2 John Jenkins

John Jenkins

journeyman

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Kind of apropos since he really wasn't/isn't dead.
JJ
The poster formerely known as Buzz J

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

HI John,

I see the irony :)

But, really, this was an accident, and I am sorry about it.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#4 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

will there be a resurrection?Posted Image

#5 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I smell drama.

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I smell drama.

Hi Jon,

No drama from the Board's standpoint. This was evolving into one of the more engaging culture-of-hobby threads of late. I'm upset about the deletion.

I have two accounts of course at FPB and was editing a "Davey" post via the Admin side and nuked the whole thread by accident. As to drama about the usual swirl of chaos in the situation itself, that will have to stand on its own for you to conclude.

regards

david

Posted Image

#7 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Sorry, David, I should have used a smilie: that post was in jest. The thread loss is clearly just a flub, and I didn't really think anything was up.

I find the situation troubling, but I dont' know any of the principals involved, so I mostly read. I did respond last night, but it isn't an inconsolable loss. I *do* hope for their sake that the family, all of them, find a good resolution to what are very deep problems.

#8 Frank(Federalist Pens)

Frank(Federalist Pens)

journeyman

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey (USA)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the "Update" David!;)

Regards,
Frank

"When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

We sell quality, known brands at reasonable prices!!

(Use forum code "FPC" to receive an additional discount of 5%!)

http://www.federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)

Like Us on Facebook!

Follow our Group(s) at Linked-In!

#9 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

journeyman

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

I smell drama.

The drama is over on PT. Those guys are still arguing about this.

#10 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

It's because of that crap that I will never post there again. I honestly believe I have lost some faith in humanity. For people to say that his attempt was a hoax sickens me to my core. Sorry to interject. Back to pens please.

#11 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

It's because of that crap that I will never post there again. I honestly believe I have lost some faith in humanity. For people to say that his attempt was a hoax sickens me to my core. Sorry to interject. Back to pens please.

I don't know details of hoax or not. I do know there is long history of stories that don't perfectly integrate.

Drama about faith in humanity likely is unnecessary and inappropriate, though the decision to pursue such of course is personal.

-d

Posted Image

#12 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

#13 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hello Richelle

#14 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hello

#15 PointyThings

PointyThings

greenhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

David, there's an option in IPBoard to enable the Trashcan. That way, if you delete any posts or threads, you can recover them from the Trash.

Saved me a few times.

--Karl

Apologies to readers. This thread was deleted accidentally. Lesson here not to play with Admin f unctions after Nigh Shifts and Jet Lag. I was about to edit my own post, but the Admin panel has extra control options. Dragged an unintended option from the menu and deleted the thread. Not good.

Anyway, the topic is welcome to be in play and its disappearance was purely by accident. Feel free to post on it. My apologies

regards

david

Admin for FountainPenClassifieds.com -- a FREE Buy - Sell - Trade community for pen enthusiasts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users