• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Beautiful & in jaw dropping condition for more than one reason. The pics stink, but they are the best I can manage inside.

So just LOOK at this pen. 5 1/4" x 9/16" at the cap band. No discoloration or brassing anywhere on the cap and only 2 tiny spots on the fill lever. It's just a beautiful pen!

This small spot on the side of the barrel looks to have been caused by a drop of some kind of solvent. Under magnification I can see the melty spots.

I do have to say that small spot.......
Posted Image

....is nothing compared to this side.

Posted Image

Did the bottom of your belly just drop out too?

The full shot.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The upside is the delightfully smooth Medium Gold Seal Manifold nib. Incredible writer? Oh yes indeed!

Posted Image

so..does anyone know where I can find a new barrel?

#2 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

"stunning" and "jaw dropping" admittedly can address degree rather than direction (things can be stunningly horrible or stunningly nice), though often such terms are used and assumed to apply to items that are superb. In this case, I see a parts pen.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#3 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

"stunning" and "jaw dropping" admittedly can address degree rather than direction (things can be stunningly horrible or stunningly nice), though often such terms are used and assumed to apply to items that are superb. In this case, I see a parts pen.

regards

david

nice way of putting it.

it's a smooth writer.....

#4 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

regards

david

Thats why I said for more than 1 reason. This is my first experience with a Lapis Wahl & find the color beautiful. Stunning

the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

For now, yes it is a parts pen until I find a new barrel.

#5 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Richelle: the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

For someone with just a few months in the pen world, how much experience do you have with pens dissolving like this?

#6 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

regards

david

Thats why I said for more than 1 reason. This is my first experience with a Lapis Wahl & find the color beautiful. Stunning

the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

For now, yes it is a parts pen until I find a new barrel.

And now we've added clarity. Surely a good thing

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#7 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Richelle: the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

For someone with just a few months in the pen world, how much experience do you have with pens dissolving like this?

Uncle D has shown me how celluloid and acetone react together. We have mended a couple of cracks and patched in 1/2 of a new cap lip together. So I do have SOME minor experience with melty things. I know I'm the green rookie among the grizzled veterans so please be kind when I sound dumb.

#8 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Richelle: so please be kind when I sound dumb.

We have been.

#9 Wahlnut

Wahlnut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAlamo, CA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

If you back channel me I might have a barrel for you. I am in Canada until Tuesday, but I can check after that should you still need one.
Syd

Edited by Wahlnut, 29 September 2012 - 05:07 AM.

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein
Pensbury Manor
The WAHL-EVERSHARP PEN COMPANY
and Home of Pensbury Manor Black Hard Rubber Pen Potion No.9
and GREAT KNOBS! for cars

#10 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

If you back channel me I might have a barrel for you. I am in Canada until Tuesday, but I can check after that should you still need one.
Syd

Thank you Syd. I've already sourced another pen for parts. What I could use is a user grade roller clip for the beater pen that I'm going to piece together with the 'leftovers' and keep for myself. Would you happen to have a stray you can sell?

Richelle

#11 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Richelle, I thought you were running away from the board never ever to return again. As I recall your previous message:

I know exactly what I am writing. I asked the value of a pen. Then you and a couple of other douchebags rip me up and twist everything I ask or say & accuse me of being a straw man for my uncle. I came here looking to join a community of experienced pen people that may be interested in helping a newbie to the hobby. Obviously I have found the wrong forum. Enjoy your feelings of superiority. Have a nice life assholes.

After being rude to so many people especially the host, you are here to make deals on the board of the person you have insulted? Talk about chootzpa.

#12 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Pat,

Why are you stirring the pot trying to get a rise out of me? Whats the end goal there?

If you don't care for me, that's ok with me, that's your issue, not mine. Just don't reply to my posts or trade with me. I have an idea & really, it's a simple way to live, don't try to start shit with me and I'll return the favor.

Richelle

#13 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

I thought the moderators and staff on this board who could tell me what messages I can respond to or not respond to. Silly me, I did not notice that you are now staff on this board and can tell me what I can or cannot post.

But you did insult members of this board and did insult the host along with staff members and are now conducting business on this board after your flounce. That is chutzpa.

#14 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

My goodness Richelle,

You have a foul mouth.

#15 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

My goodness Richelle,

You have a foul mouth.

You have no idea. ;) :o B)

Edited by RichelleG, 06 October 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#16 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

My goodness Richelle,

You have a foul mouth.

You have no idea. ;) :o B)

Geez, it would be a shame to see a first suspension of a member.

-d

Posted Image

#17 RichelleG

RichelleG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

I thought the moderators and staff on this board who could tell me what messages I can respond to or not respond to. Silly me, I did not notice that you are now staff on this board and can tell me what I can or cannot post.

But you did insult members of this board and did insult the host along with staff members and are now conducting business on this board after your flounce. That is chutzpa.

True, I am not staff here and I did insult a couple of people. Now here is your very own. Kiss..... ( Expletive deleted by Ye Old Admin)

#18 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

True, I am not staff here and I did insult a couple of people. Now here is your very own. Kiss...

Dennis Richelle has been put on hold for a bit. Now we just have to wait for her suicide notice.

regards

david

Posted Image

#19 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

True, I am not staff here and I did insult a couple of people. Now here is your very own. Kiss...

Dennis Richelle has been put on hold for a bit. Now we just have to wait for her suicide notice.

regards

david

lol... put that one on ice... SIR!

I opened this thread to see if the Wahl got any better....

#20 Hugh

Hugh

journeyman

• Members
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

That one appeared to have zero chance of "reforming" into anything half decent despite having been given a very long piece of rope.....which , like every rope, has an end...

Regards
Hugh
Hugh Cordingley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users