• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Euro Vintage

Euro Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

I thought the moderators and staff on this board who could tell me what messages I can respond to or not respond to. Silly me, I did not notice that you are now staff on this board and can tell me what I can or cannot post.

But you did insult members of this board and did insult the host along with staff members and are now conducting business on this board after your flounce. That is chutzpa.

True, I am not staff here and I did insult a couple of people. Now here is your very own. Kiss..... ( Expletive deleted by Ye Old Admin)

Wow !

What a gutter language and abominable manner that was !

The funny thing is that I had also been expelled from another forum while not even raising my voice, nor CAPITALISING my messages like the illustrious moderators (on FPN) seemed content to do with glee while shouting "you have no rights"

Richelle,

If you are still here, that is.

You had been given a great deal of leeway - far in excess of a lot of people could / would tolerate.

I hope you could find similar pen pals elsewhere, sparing us the intemperate language that we would prefer to avoid.

Tri

#22 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Wow RichelleG gets put on hold on 10/5. By 10/10, Dennis Lively becomes the poster.

Straw- woman smoking gun? One has to wonder!!

On the other hand could just be some bizarro Pen wrestling Tag Team action!!

David, maybe it's time for your board to have an authentic Troll? Hmmm, let's see, perhaps FrameTroll!Posted Image

Edited by Jim B, 13 October 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#23 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

There is one way to prove Richelle and I are 2 different people. I was in a psych ward from the 27th to the 8th for an evaluation and unable to get anywhere near a computer. Did she do any posting while I was away, I'm sure she did.

Then there is the pic.

My nephew Anthony, Richelle, me, my wife Venus & my great niece Ariya. Taken back in July IIRC.

Please drop this & let me move on with my life.

Attached Files

#24 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Here's an interesting Lapis Wahl on ebay. There do seem to be many problem Lapis pens floating about of late

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec2f77827

rigro1 (40 Posted Image) 97.6% Positive feedback

For auction today I have 1 Lapis/Blue wahl Eversharp Gold Seal. Standard size 5 1/4" capped. Roller clip, Gold Seal is undrilled. No brassing. The pen is sporting a very smooth and sweet as can be medium 14K MANIFOLD Wahl Gold Seal nib. It's a nice moist line with out being juicy/wet. So far this pen sound awesome. However there is a down side. Next to the filler lever o the barrel is a hole. It doesn't look broken out but dissolved somehow.

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#25 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Here's an interesting Lapis Wahl on ebay. There do seem to be many problem Lapis pens floating about of late

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec2f77827

rigro1 (40 Posted Image) 97.6% Positive feedback

For auction today I have 1 Lapis/Blue wahl Eversharp Gold Seal. Standard size 5 1/4" capped. Roller clip, Gold Seal is undrilled. No brassing. The pen is sporting a very smooth and sweet as can be medium 14K MANIFOLD Wahl Gold Seal nib. It's a nice moist line with out being juicy/wet. So far this pen sound awesome. However there is a down side. Next to the filler lever o the barrel is a hole. It doesn't look broken out but dissolved somehow.

It is a shame we cannot link this thread to the Ebay auction. Oh well, hopefully PT Barnum was wrong.

#26 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

If your going to quote, quote the entire text.

For auction today I have 1 Lapis/Blue wahl Eversharp Gold Seal. Standard size 5 1/4" capped. Roller clip, Gold Seal is undrilled. No brassing. The pen is sporting a very smooth and sweet as can be medium 14K MANIFOLD Wahl Gold Seal nib. It's a nice moist line with out being juicy/wet. So far this pen sound awesome. However there is a down side. Next to the filler lever o the barrel is a hole. It doesn't look broken out but dissolved somehow. There s also a small 'dot' on the side of the barrel same dissolved appearance. The large spot by the lever is stable & is only aesthetic. The last issue is the barrel lip/section joint. A small chunk of the threads broke out. I have chemically welded the seam and shellaced the section in place for added structural stability. I have been using the pen for 3 weeks with no problems at all. It has a new sac installed and is write ready. You can look at this pen 1 of 2 ways. A working pen with aesthetic issues or a parts pen with a perfect cap, section and nib unit. This pen minus the barrel issues would run you $250-300 easily. As it sits, looking at the pen as parts donors it's worth $175. Heck on John Mottishaws site the nib alone runs $125, add in a very clean cap & a good section and you are easily above my BIN price of $125. How can you go wrong? I'm selling it cheap because I need the cash ASAP and I'm trying to build a reputation as a fair & honest dealer.

That looks like complete and total disclosure to me.

For what it's worth, Richelle dropped $128 on a parts pen. The barrel had shrank and no combination of swapping parts could result in a complete pen w/ a good barrel. So she was stuck with what she started of with. I sold one of the extra GS nibs & helped recoup part of her loss. As it happens, I've examined the pen after she worked on it & it IS a great writer, butt ugly, but a solid pen & a consistent writer.

As she says in the listing, the pen even as a parts donor is worth the BIN price.

#27 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Interesting.

That looks like complete and total disclosure to me.

I don't recall suggesting the sale failed to disclose anything or was, per se, a bad offer.

I'll add some notes regarding this pen from earlier in this thread.

Beautiful & in jaw dropping condition for more than one reason.

No discoloration

I've already sourced another pen for parts.

This is my first experience with a Lapis Wahl & find the color beautiful. Stunning

the condition is jaw dropping as I've not seen a pen dissolved like this before.

There is opportunity for readers to learn...

-d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#28 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

You lost me David. Every one of those statements were accurate.

#29 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

You lost me David. Every one of those statements were accurate.

Putting aside the question of accuracy, there is learning to be had in statements that might be accurate but which still can be misleading to readers.

regards

-d

Posted Image

#30 Dennis Lively

Dennis Lively

journeyman

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • LocationLinn Creek MO.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

In what way are any of those statements misleading?

#31 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

In what way are any of those statements misleading?

For now, I'll leave that to you to contemplate. If you really don't get it, I would be a bit nervous buying pens based on your descriptions.

regards

david

Posted Image

#32 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

I note the Ebay seller has only a 97.6% rating, not good.

#33 Greg Minuskin

Greg Minuskin

journeyman

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • LocationTustin, California USA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

Could this pen be a demonstrator of some sort?

Reminds me of the Aggie event I went to years ago when my sister was attending college at U.C. Davis. They had the usual displays of produce, sheep sheering, and animal husbandry one would expect, except the cow display; we all know cows have 4 stomachs, well, two of them had "windows" with plexiglass and one could see the "goings on" in the digestive system!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

#34 PatMorgan

PatMorgan

journeyman

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

I do not think so.

But the thread has proven to be a true demonstrator.

#35 Procyon

Procyon

journeyman

• Members
  • 725 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

Reminds me of the Aggie event I went to years ago when my sister was attending college at U.C. Davis. They had the usual displays of produce, sheep sheering, and animal husbandry one would expect, except the cow display; we all know cows have 4 stomachs, well, two of them had "windows" with plexiglass and one could see the "goings on" in the digestive system!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Perhaps a homespun demonstrator. Where some moron stuck a cigarette up against the pen to see what was inside. ;)

Edited by Procyon, 30 October 2012 - 03:52 AM.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar.  And doesn't.

Regards,
Allan

#36 Teej47

Teej47

journeyman

• Members
  • 527 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

Hey, I saw the same thing at the University of Oregon when I was a kid back in the 1970's. Here I thought domonstraters were unique.

Tim
The only sense that's common is nonsense...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users