68 replies to this topic

#21 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I meant that as no information was given to help me..

You did not request information.

And, I venture that indeed some information was given to help you...

regards

d
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#22 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I can't teach you about both Waterman 12's and manners.....

I guess this lesson was about manners.

Next time, maybe we will explore the waterman 12 varieties.

I think the value of the lesson you learned here, was far greater than anything I could teach you about Waterman 12's.

Good manners will carry you far in life, yucky and messy eyedroppers, not so much....

( oh, a thank you would be nice...;) )

you are welcome!

#23 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Awww... I think yer just teasin'.

I'm somewhat less worried about manners ;)

I'm more concerned about the lack of context and insight in requesting *an* image of *all* of... well... anything.

Too, I'm not wholly comfortable to the uses to which such images might be put.

I'd start the game with a suggestion that Brandon outline what he considers the variations of the #12. A topic worthy of exploration.

Too, I await the price of the Parker Duofold Demonstrator whose image Brandon sent me.

regards

david
David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.

Posted Image

#24 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

regards

d

I recall asking for a picture of the variants...

#25 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I'm more concerned about the lack of context and insight in requesting *an* image of *all* of... well... anything.

I'd start the game with a suggestion that Brandon outline what he considers the variations of the #12. A topic worthy of exploration.

Too, I await the price of the Parker Duofold Demonstrator whose image Brandon sent me.

regards

david

That early Parker Duofold bakelite demonstrator, which i was unable to trade for before he swapped it under my feet.

#26 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

regards

david

That early Parker Duofold bakelite demonstrator, which i was unable to trade for before he swapped it under my feet.

Posted Imagesounds fishy....Posted Image

I mean we allow this guy access to this board, and he comes up with this? Posted Image

#27 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

regards

david

I mean we allow this guy access to this board, and he comes up with this? Posted Image

I was working on a trade with this particular board member, but he was hesitant to sell/trade it as either of us had seen another. David had seen them, but informed me that they were extremely fragile and he'd be interested in it. When i made an offer, he traded it without letting me know...

#28 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Do you recall telling me you did not own it and that the photo was not yours when you offered it my way?

How do you know it was swapped?

regards

david

Posted Image

#29 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Do you recall telling me you did not own it and that the photo was not yours when you offered it my way?

How do you know it was swapped?

regards

david

I think i told you it wasn't mine... i talked to him, after showing him some offers, and after wasting some time he told me Posted Image

#30 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I think i told you it wasn't mine... i talked to him, after showing him some offers, and after wasting some time he told me Posted Image

In fact you didn't tell me it wasn't yours. And you didn't tell me the photo wasn't yours. And, there really was no time wasted.

Here is one of your emails regarding the Demo,

from Brandon

David,

Here are some Parkers which we could work out, and the Duofold Demonstrator in Bakelite (i think);

Duofold, Green Junior, 3Band excellent colour, streamlined, fine nib
1947 Silver Pearl 2band Major Vac, Moderate Amber, Med nib
1946 Silver Pearl Jewellers Band Blue Diamond Major Vac, Moderate Amber Med. nib
1946 Set in Silver Pearl, 2 Band Major Vac, Medium Amber Med Nib SET
1939 Golden Pearl Debutante 3 band Speedline Vac Medium Amber Double Jewel
1938 Golden Pearl Debu

I responded,

from David: The Demo looks like ~1930. Quite uncommon... and fragile. Condition really will matter on this one. Do you have a target value on it?
regards
david

You then responded,

from Brandon: David,

Im not selling it :) Im just wondering what you'd value it at? Is it Bakelite or plastic?
<br clear="all">Best Regards,
Brandon

After further exchanges in which I cautioned you about your pen, you wrote,

from Brandon, Thanks,

So i shouldn't use it...

At that point, had you informed me you didn't own the pen you "shouldn't use" or that the photo was not yours?

regards

david

Posted Image

#31 David Nishimura

David Nishimura

journeyman

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

The first five posts -- they are classic.

I'm still grinning.

#32 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Brandon, you continued your exchange with me about the pen (vintage Duofold Demo) which you'd offered me, then didn't offer me, and never mentioned you did not own and never mentioned the photo wasn't yours, over the course of days...

From Brandon: Please get back to me on market value for the Duofold.

SNIP

Thanks, I was also thinking in the $800 range.

snip

Is that a retail price...

Posted Image

#33 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

regards

d

I recall asking for a picture of the variants...

That was not in question...

Posted Image

#34 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

regards

david

Access to the Board is offered readily to essentially one and all. ;)

And, there is much to be learned even in scenarios and business dealings that do not proceed as we might pursue them

regards

-david

Posted Image

#35 George

George

journeyman

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'll add my details to this... interesting... story of the Duofold demo... These replies are all in the same conversation.Brandon:

Are you maybe interested in selling your Duofold demonstrator? Ive got a rare Waterman 'World's Smallest Fountain Pen' which id be interested in trading. Please email me at XYZ, as i dont come here very often. Best Regards,Brandon

Brandon:

You weren't interested in the Waterman's World's Smallest Fountain pen? Would you be kind to send me pictures of those pens that i mentioned (sterling silver, piston fillers,etc) to my email so that we could maybe do a different type of trade? Best Regards,Brandon

Brandon:

I have a beautiful A.A. Waterman BHR pearl slab, i dont have pictures, but ill have it back tomorrow.

George:

Brandon,I would be very interested in the pearl slab Waterman - that's a great pen.George

Brandon:

What types of Parker are you looking for? Do you have any sterling Lucky Curve's/Duofolds? I have the potential for a few P51 prototypes if you wanted to trade the demonstrator and any silver pens as stated above. Also any bamboo, or other silver pens no matter the name im interested in.

George:

What type of 51 prototypes?

Brandon:

Ill see what i can find, what about any of the pens i mentioned?

George:

How is the pearl slab Waterman? Also, I'd be interested in the 51 prototypes you have.George

Brandon:

I actually just traded it. It was just an A.A. Waterman with a 12k warranted nib. Ill message you when im able to get the P51's from a folder im having sent back to be. Could you email me the photo's of this pen and the other silver pens,etc; we discussed. Best Regards,Brandon

George:

What type of prototypes are the 51's? Can you describe them?

Brandon:

I haven't pulled them out in probably 6 months. Let me locate them first, and you'll be more than happy.

George:

Wow, you must have quite a collection if you haven't looked at 51 prototypes in 6 months! Looking forward to the descriptions.You don't remember even some details about them? Any?George

Brandon:

Well, any interest in my Waterman World's Smallest Fountain Pen? Any pictures of your pens would be appreciated...

George:

Any details on the prototype 51's at all? I know you will give me pictures of them later, but any details now?George

Brandon:

They are Parkers and are prototypes Ive sent you some pictures of the World's Smallest fountain pen... Any interest?

After some more banter, Brandon Offers me this trade for a Duofold Demo. Parenthesis added by me

Well,The Navy Gray P51 is as even as a trade gets (for the duofold demo), with more leverage on your side, but it doesn't matter. The Burgandy, you'd probably have to add a few hundred dollars to the trade to me (for the duofold demo). Did you say you have any silver Duofolds, Lucky Curves, Jack knives, or other miscellaneous silver pens? Also in the demo, there is a sac correct? Are there any cracks? Best Regards,Brandon

Edited by George, 03 October 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#36 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

this just got hella interesting....:o

#37 brando090

brando090

journeyman

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Well the pen was first going to be for my collection, but after learning it was too fragile, probably for me to own, i figured id try to find a buyer if i happened to be able to trade for it.

#38 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Ive got a rare Waterman 'World's Smallest Fountain Pen' which id be interested in trading. Please email me at XYZ, as i dont come here very often. Best Regards,Brandon

my favorite quote ever....... :D

#39 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

ADVISOR

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationEphrata PA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Well the pen was first going to be for my collection, but after learning it was too fragile, probably for me to own, i figured id try to find a buyer if i happened to be able to trade for it.

look at you, young aspiring pen broker!

#40 plmadding

plmadding

journeyman

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Ive got a rare Waterman 'World's Smallest Fountain Pen' which id be interested in trading. Please email me at XYZ, as i dont come here very often. Best Regards,Brandon

my favorite quote ever....... :D

Rick I think that quote just hit the top of my list as well!! If only what he said was true....

Unfortunantly, it would seem there is a sociopath in our midst.

Preston

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users