• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JTK

JTK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

It's been said that the Moore Pen Company made pens for other brands. A couple of years ago I sold a Belmont Pearl & Black Flat Top that looked just like some Moore Pearl & Black flat tops I hade. Dr I. has had some nice threads on this board about some of the more colorful celluloid patterns made by Moore and Belmont. In looking at the pens below the Moore trim and color patterns are clearly evident on some Belmont and Monogram pens I have acquired.

Starting from the left, pen 1. is Moore 94A in the hard to find blue/black pattern that I have posted before on this board. Recently I picked up the pen next to it, pen 2. The clip and nib is marked Belmont but the red/black celluloid pattern is definitely from Moore. Pen 3. is a Moore pen but has an identical clip and trim pattern to the Belmont.

Pen 4. is Moore 96A in a gray herringbone pattern quite similar to the pattern in the Monogram pen shown next to it (pen 5). Lastly, pen 6. is a standard Black Moore 94A next to an almost identical Black Monogram. The nibs on both Monograms are marked Forever which some have commented were in response to the Sheaffer Lifetime nibs. (Forever is longer than a Lifetime so I guess the marketing strategy was was to indicate Forever was better than a Lifetime.

So at least to me, there is no doubt these Belmont and Monogram pens were made by Moore.

Are the any other pen brands made by Moore that anyone can think of?

Regards

Jim Knight

Posted Image

#2 Jim B

Jim B

journeyman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Nice collection. I also collect Moores and have a couple Belmont/monogram variants.

#3 david i

david i

ADVISOR

• ADVISORS
  • 7,515 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

72-A Moore and 94-A sized Monogram, made for Rexall by Moore

moore_monogram_snakeskin_pairgreen950.jp

regards

David

David R. Isaacson MD. Website: VACUMANIA.com for quality old pens with full warranty.
Email: isaacson@frontiernet.net

Posted Image

#4 MxMJ

MxMJ

journeyman

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

I got this Trupoint today, I read that they were a Sears brand. I don't know if this was made by Moore, but it is definitely the same plastic as your pen on the left JKT

gallery_12668_431_42599.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users